Trusted Contributor

Re: What handbag are you carrying today?

@1Professor -- Yes, that's the one!

Contributor

I'm carrying my pebble grain Charleston Dooney & Burke in the dark pink. Just big enough to carry everything, but not overwhelming. It's one of my new Dooneys and I'm loving it this summer   

Respected Contributor

Today, it's gloomy, so I'm carrying the sunshine yellow of a small Dooney Florentine leather satchel:

Sunflower copy.png

Honored Contributor

@1Professor Been dreary as all get out here too for the last couple of days and while today is a modicum better, I still thought something cheery should be on tap. Don't know if you saw my post elsewhere, but I was fortunate over the weekend to finally encounter a Patricia Nash 'vintage travelor' bag in a silhouette I really like and at a price that just wouldn't permit me to walk away... I've long enjoyed that pattern but, as it seems to be on its way out, haven't been able to locate a fitting bag until now. I'll be carrying that one if I head out later today.

While it can't hold a candle to that Brahmin beauty winging its way west to your doorstop (few bags could...), I'm happy to have found this little gem and at a final clearance price...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I did a red, white and blue thing over the weekend.  An oldie but goodie Perlina.  This was a favorite brand of mine that has virtually disappeared. Nordstrom used to carry this line. 

@stevieb   Glad you found a PN bag in the pattern that you liked.  Macy's had some crazy sales over the 4'th.  You will find with Patricia Nash, when the pattern is gone, it is GONE.  Found that out with the Antique Rose.  Wishing I had acquired a few more items. Oh well....

Here is my Perlina:  such soft leather and lightweight.  Great padded handles. Good sturdy zippers.  (1 left at ebags.com)

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

I did a red, white and blue thing over the weekend.  An oldie but goodie Perlina.  This was a favorite brand of mine that has virtually disappeared. Nordstrom used to carry this line. 

@stevieb   Glad you found a PN bag in the pattern that you liked.  Macy's had some crazy sales over the 4'th.  You will find with Patricia Nash, when the pattern is gone, it is GONE.  Found that out with the Antique Rose.  Wishing I had acquired a few more items. Oh well....

Here is my Perlina:  such soft leather and lightweight.  Great padded handles. Good sturdy zippers.  (1 left at ebags.com)

Really pretty bag @hicindy2 and yep, Perlina isn't around as much as it once was. Too bad, it's a nice brand. I think I have one bag (maybe two) from them and the leather is so smooth and nice.

Super Contributor

Ok, so I finally broke my long spell with my Rebecca Minkoff Saffiano MAB Tote in Fuschia Pink ( I carry this bag all year round because of its versatility, comfort and fabulous color). This past weekend, I used my white GILI hobo satchel (which I also took on my Floridian vacation...it folded up beautifully in my luggage) and a red nylon Olivia and Joy crossbody bag....got this one at a ridiculous sale price at TJMaxx. I'm trying to utilize my summer bags while I can....but that Minkoff always calls my name lol!!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Off to the routine doctor appt. with the small Vera tote in Red Bandana to cheer me up.  Works with summery denims with the navy accents. 

@funwun   I bring out my Hot Pink Dooney and Bourke small Lexi a LOT in the summer.  I usually don't like brights, but pink just works in summer.  

@1Professor   Are you carrying that gorgeous chive Brahmin today??

DuxburyOlive.png

Honored Contributor

I'm in a larger Coach satchel with longer straps that can work over the shoulder or on the arm, in a slate blue that's more blue than grey with silvertone hardware and some pretty stitching in off white... I don't carry this one very often, but it seemed to jump out at me today. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote

@1Professor   Are you carrying that gorgeous chive Brahmin today??

DuxburyOlive.png

@hicindy2Oh, yes!