Honored Contributor

Re: What gender are your handbags? Male, Female, Mixed, Gender Neutral??

@Venezia wrote:

My handbags are inanimate objects; therefore, they are "it".  (e.g. "It" is black leather.)

It also drives me crazy when they continue to refer to "wearing" a handbag.  I don't wear it; I carry it.  I wear my clothes, shoes, jewelry, but I carry my handbag.

Yes, I know it's a small thing but we all have something that irritates the heck out of us and this is mine.  Why the need to anthropomorphize an inanimate object?  It isn't necessary!  Woman Frustrated

ITA .....  stupid to say you "wear" a handbag.

On the other hand,  when you put on a cross body bag, you're wearing it, not carrying it.   

Good grief.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

My handbags are inanimate objects; therefore, they are "it".  (e.g. "It" is black leather.)

It also drives me crazy when they continue to refer to "wearing" a handbag.  I don't wear it; I carry it.  I wear my clothes, shoes, jewelry, but I carry my handbag.

Yes, I know it's a small thing but we all have something that irritates the heck out of us and this is mine.  Why the need to anthropomorphize an inanimate object?  It isn't necessary!  Woman Frustrated

ITA .....  stupid to say you "wear" a handbag.

On the other hand,  when you put on a cross body bag, you're wearing it, not carrying it.   

Good grief.

Nope, I'm still carrying it, whether it's hanging from one shoulder or draped cross body from the other shoulder!

Respected Contributor

IMO QVC needs to give some of their hosts a lesson in the art of proper speech, it appears that in their efforts to appear "hip" they have flopped badly. Handbags are now gender specific? Seriously QVC get with the program  and get it right.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield