Trusted Contributor

Re: What gender are your handbags? Male, Female, Mixed, Gender Neutral??

@faeriemoon OMG that is hilarious!!!! Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Most of mine have those long key lanyards so I think they must be boys.

But FM, have to checked to see if they're permanently affixed or removable... ?

It could make a huge... difference when assigning names...

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The ridiculous practice of referring to products as "her" and "she" is just one more in a very long list of reasons I'm not a regular viewer of the Monday night hosts or their shows. It's just mind-numbingly stupid.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

about like Y&R, eh?  We all should hire the person who destroyed our bldg.

Give him another chance to do it all over again. Dumb show. He won't see Day 1 in the prison. No wonder I got disenchanted.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I don't think of my bags as he or she.  Too many bags to name, and my memory is too short.  I do have a name for my car, though.  It's a Subaru Forrester, a beautiful blue.  So I named it "Bluebird," not only for the color but for the fact I have a lead foot - it flies.

@PamfromCT: My handbags are gender-neutral as well. But, like you, l also name my cars. I've done this since my very first car-- Marylou Malibu. Currently it's Sally Saab. My cars have always had female names, and DH's are males, naturally. LOL.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

I don't think of my bags as he or she.  Too many bags to name, and my memory is too short.  I do have a name for my car, though.  It's a Subaru Forrester, a beautiful blue.  So I named it "Bluebird," not only for the color but for the fact I have a lead foot - it flies.

@PamfromCT: My handbags are gender-neutral as well. But, like you, l also name my cars. I've done this since my very first car-- Marylou Malibu. Currently it's Sally Saab. My cars have always had female names, and DH's are males, naturally. LOL.

LOL  My car's name is Jim.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

LOL  My car's name is Jim.  

I don't name my bags but I do name my cars, lol.  My last Camry was named Camette and my present Camry is named Chuckles, lol.  

Contributor

That whole reference to the hanbags as "she" and "her" seems to be the new language of a few of the hosts. Are they referring to the model or to the handbag?

Occasional Contributor

mine too!  In fact, I name them! lol  But I only have 3 (now) of the Dooney's and one Oryany and one MK. So it is easy to keep them all lined out!

Super Contributor

funny OP!!  Got a good chuckle lol

i also hate female body parts being referred to as the girls. Ugghhhh