Valued Contributor

Re: What does Dooney have against the color brown?

Of course I have bought DB bags in the last year, probably about 5 bags, so your question sunshine Kate, is yes I've bought many. I have a total of about 45 bags, and they are all gorgeous, from Florentine to croco and everything in between.  There isn't a purse out there that is as well made as Dooney.  Buy a new one, you'll see they are the best and lasts forever.

Respected Contributor

Brown is not one of the fashion colors being featured for Fall 2017.  A company called Pantone posts the top 10 colors for each season,  based on what has been shown in fashion shows and home decor.   It doen't mean you can't wear any color you want,  but just that those are the featured colors for the season.

When Dooney and QVC feature a new handbag they bring it out in a limited selection of colors.   They make decisions about which colors will sell the most that season.  

For Fall 2017 navy blue, grey, wine, and a green not too different from olive were on the list,  along with a color similar to the palamino.   With only 6 colors in the TSV,  that didn't leave room for much else.   I guess they chose black instead of brown as the other color.

Generally Dooney has a lot of brown/tan/saddle shades in the handbag line-up.  I'm happy to see some other colors for a change.   I'm sure when they bring the bag back in more colors,  they will add some brown/tan shade and red.  

Red is also one of the top 10 colors for Fall 2017.

We haven't seen a lot of  handbags in red for a while and now they look very good again.  Dooney had added the color red back into some of the styles already.

Honored Contributor

I have always thought Dooney had many brown options to offer.  My favorite is T-moro, and I think Espresso is quite similar.  I'm not someone who is into pastel and loud colored leathers, so I appreciate Dooney's neutrals.

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm a lazy shopper.  Its not like I need another bag, I was just in the mood.  A brown or tan or beige selection  on the air would have roped me in. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I guess I'm a lazy shopper.  Its not like I need another bag, I was just in the mood.  A brown or tan or beige selection  on the air would have roped me in. 

I favor those colors too. Browns, Tans, Beiges, Taupes and Black.  No spearmint for me!!! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I love the various doing the various Dooney browns. Florentine leather in chestnut is so beautiful--and it ages to become even more so--that I own several in that color. Take a look. Also consider bags in natural, desert ( love my Dixon and city Barlow bags in desert) and more. For a brighter brown, the Florentine Toscana bags in ginger (I carry the satchel) are beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@depglass,   Check out Kate Spade.  They always have somethng on sale.  When they announce their sales you really receive excellent prices and great leather.

kindness is strength