Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think about a see through bag

@Grouchomarx wrote:

This is not going to be my everyday bag.  I got it to use for a summery brunch, a cruise, or beach vacation. Picure it with a lighweight maxi dress or some white pants and a floral blouse.  As a daily workhorse this would not make the cut, not even close. It's a cute, fun times, whimsical bag.  I don't have many of those. Now I just need some warm weather and somewhere fun to go.

@GrouchomarxThat is exactly how I pictured it.  It's a cute little bag to carry for those days you just want carry something small to accent your outfit.  I think it's adorable.

Honored Contributor

The bamboo bag looks like some thing some crafty teen made out of Popsicle sticks. No sale.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

This is not going to be my everyday bag.  I got it to use for a summery brunch, a cruise, or beach vacation. Picure it with a lighweight maxi dress or some white pants and a floral blouse.  As a daily workhorse this would not make the cut, not even close. It's a cute, fun times, whimsical bag.  I don't have many of those. Now I just need some warm weather and somewhere fun to go.

@GrouchomarxThat is exactly how I pictured it.  It's a cute little bag to carry for those days you just want carry something small to accent your outfit.  I think it's adorable.

I agree with both of you!  "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" and this bag is not only fun but a conversation piece.  Going to get one too as a statement piece for the summer.  I understand some don't like it and that's fine, but no need to knock those of us that do.

Respected Contributor

I picked it up today at Lord & Taylor and it’s even cuter in person! Even the sales lady said to me, omg that is SO cute. So, it was a good decision.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

What a waste of money, those bags are sooo ugly.

-----

@RetRN  but you like Sophia's wicker bag on the Golden Girls. 

Honored Contributor

Not for me.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

The bamboo bag looks like some thing some crafty teen made out of Popsicle sticks. No sale.

@blackhole99  That was my first thought too... I think a see-thru bag could possibly be a fun fashion accessory, but not this one... Each to their own and if you like it, enjoy it, but it's not for me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

There is a Vince Camuto bamboo bag, so cute. I wonder what I would put in it,

Not interested.

Regular Contributor

Not a fan. Again, would you be carrying this in a year or in 5 years? Probably not. Way too trendy for my conservative tastes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your new bag @Grouchomarx   Let us know how you like it.