Respected Contributor

Re: What color handbag is your favorite for everyday use?

This may be hard to believe, but my everyday bag is a red Brahmin.  I find that I can wear it with every thing I wear.  I have many beautiful leather bags but don't use them anymore, unless it is my black crossbody bag.

The red Brahmin is the medium size Duxbury satchel.  It is big enough to carry all I need for the day:   two wallets, water bottle, sunglasses, cell phone, makeup, pack of tissues, etc.  It's just perfect for me and it is not too heavy.

Respected Contributor

@Trudey:

You might as well have asked "which child is your favorite."  For a handbag collector choosing is impossible

I have handbags in a rainbow of colors, including the brightly painted Anuschka bags (hand painted by village artisans in India)! My newest hobo:

71o7wNAN7lL._SX480_.jpg

Respected Contributor

I have a number of beautiful bags in different colors...solids only, no prints (I wear too many printed clothing items and a print bag would clash). I am going to give a number of them away, because I just don't bother to change out my bag enough to justify keeping them.

My fall/winter favorite is a black Dooney hobo with tan trim...I've used it for at least 6 years, still looks good and goes with just about everything!

My spring/summer favorite--well, I have two. Both are Kiplings in the Bran color, which is a perfect goes-with-almost-everything taupe. I have a satchel and a crossbody in that color.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624

Not knowing if you're a leather or cloth bag fan, I'll suggest you give Kipling a look, they sometimes have very pretty turquoise ones.

Honored Contributor

I'm using my new Khaki one, it has 6 zippers and It's great.  Bet it lasts me forever.

Honored Contributor

@Tyak.  I bought a Kipling in the Boogybeach color which I love but the bag itself is just too small so I'm returning it.  Bought an MZ Wallace bag instead in a teal color.  Thanks for your suggestion.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have way too many bags on the shelf....a shameful show of expensive addiction. Seasons don’t matter much and all bags are neutral except several red ones for pops of color. 

There are many LV bags of various sizes/shapes collected over 50 years. Maybe 4 of those are kept in daily rotation along w/ 3 D&B Sophie bags...black bottom hobos, 1 all black, 1 is blk. & tan & the 3rd is all tan which, if I had a summer bag, the all tan would come close. 

Since my “closet” is black, white, grey and jeans....thinking about a grey bag. Read an interesting article recently about  How To Select The Perfect Neutral Bag. The article suggested matching it close to your hair color...weird, but kind of makes sense. They gave photos of a blonde wearing various color outfits, all w/ a butter yellow bag on her shoulder & it looked neutral to me. Brunettes carried black or dark brown bags and redheads had russet/tan bags. They suggested women w/ grey/white hair consider a grey bag. The premise, as I understand it, is the clothing you wear goes with your hair color (theoretically) & having a bag in that color on your shoulder or crossbody near your hair, kind of blends in with your clothes & coloring. 

No way I’m ditching my LVs or my black bags or expensive D&Bs, but giving the idea of a grey bag lots of thought. It’s a great time to try it out since I’m slowly easing into nylon bags as my aging back/shoulders have screamed under the weight of a heavily loaded leather bag. 

I have a black Tumi nylon crossbody w/ me in DC this week....10”X10” and 3” deep w/ outside pockets and slits. Perfect weight and with a little geometry & elimination all my junk fit in. Of course, all packed outfits are blk. or white or denim lightweight jeans (roll cuffs to make crops) when needed, tees in blk., white and grey and blk./white stripe & my black nylon rain parka. So the black bag is good, but I can see where a grey bag would work as well. 

Way too long a post & info few will give a fig about. Oh well. Waiting for DH to shave/shower so I can get in there to get ready. At home we have double sinks so I’m drinking my coffee and waiting my turn. No mu for sightseeing...just sunscreen. Don’t know a soul. Love it.

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

Black in the winter.

Natural in summer spring.

That's it.  Only Florentine Dooney's.

@roxxy1  I had a Florentine and returned it....too heavy for me. Sticking w/ the pebble, saffiano, etc. I noticed some of the newer styles have less hardware to make them lighter weight. Maybe they realized we’re not pack horses. Lol.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

Black in the winter.

Natural in summer spring.

That's it.  Only Florentine Dooney's.

@roxxy1  I had a Florentine and returned it....too heavy for me. Sticking w/ the pebble, saffiano, etc. I noticed some of the newer styles have less hardware to make them lighter weight. Maybe they realized we’re not pack horses. Lol.

@Shanus  I agree with the heaviness of the bag.  But.   I think I am a pack horse !  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Saddle-color. I have more of this color than any other in my handbag wardrobe. It's seasonless, and complements every color of clothing in my wardrobe. I especially like how it looks with jeans, which l wear almost every day.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~