Honored Contributor

Re: What color handbag is your favorite for everyday use?

[ Edited ]

@Trudey wrote:

I always seem to choose solid black or gray.  I love the pretty colors and prints, but I don't change bags to match my clothing...so the basics work best for me.  I have so many beautiful large leather bags (Blush, Navy, Red, Coral, etc) that I no longer use because I got the Lug Carousel and fell in love Smiley Happy  What color bag do you like best?  Do you coordinate different color bags with your outfits?

@Trudey

I don’t have a favorite color. That is probably because I do change bags for different outfits. 

For work, my favorite bag is a black snake textured suede organizer tote bag - H by Halston.

For non-work, I find myself reaching for either a smallish pine green IM bag or a small navy Lexington (D&B).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the summer months I wear off white handbag that can be worn as a crossbody too and sometimes I wear a black lightweight leather bag.  My bags are Kate Spade.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

When I had a corporate job in NYC, I only used black bags.  Since moving to Florida, I only have light colored bags.  I rarely change bags.  instead. I select colors that will go with most of what I wear.   Right now, I have a lavendar bag.  Love it!

Occasional Contributor

I tend to use a neutral colored handbag as I like it to go with most colors I wear.

I like to use lighter colors in the summer but I do use a black handbag most any time of the year.

Regular Contributor

Black is my go-to color of a bag mainly because it goes with everything. I have a few bags in the bright colors but usually only use those with an outfit that goes with the colored bag. For 8 months now my favorite go to bag has been a black Baggalini tote. Found it at TJMaxx for $25 and it is really for me the perfect bag. 

New Contributor

i prefer to wear red because red is bold.

Valued Contributor

My favorite color handbag is brown with little Ls and Vs on it! 😉

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

My favorite color handbag is brown with little Ls and Vs on it! 😉

@Ifeelwicked  I have a fairly large LV drawstring bag that I travel with...holds my IPad, magazines, makeup, etc. Although it’s brown, it’s neutral enough to wear w/ anything.

This one is 46 yrs. old. I used it as a combo purse and diaper bag.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus You have just proven my point on so many levels! I know the bag you have and it’s a favorite! If you add up all the money I have spent on D&B, MK, Oryany, and Gili, my LV bag is a steal. And why? Bc, except for a Radley crossbody bag❤️, I have not bought one handbag of any kind in 2-1/2 years. This is my FOREVER bag. In my mind the LV signature brown is the most neutral one-and-done “color” there is. I wear it with everything. I realize they are expensive, but they are timeless, and I’m not kidding when I say mine looks as new as the day (I walked in and out of the LV store 3 times before 😮) I bought it. Lol. But so happy I did.

Respected Contributor

No automatic alt text available.