Respected Contributor

Any Dooneys I buy are through Dooney because shipping us free and they don't charge sales tax. 

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Any Dooneys I buy are through Dooney because shipping us free and they don't charge sales tax. 

@libbyannE Yes they do charge sales tax at least for me they do.  I ordered two bags that were on sale and both purchases were added sales tax.  I don't like to really order from them because I don't care for the lieing information they give when you check on your orders.  There customer service stinks.  At least with QVC I don't have to worry about the tracking and whether or not the bag will make it to my house.  Only reason I ordered from the dooney site this time was because of the 25 percent off sale but I don't think it was actually worth the stress.  

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@libbyannE Yes they do charge sales tax at least for me they do.  I ordered two bags that were on sale and both purchases were added sales tax.  I don't like to really order from them because I don't care for the lieing information they give when you check on your orders.  There customer service stinks.  At least with QVC I don't have to worry about the tracking and whether or not the bag will make it to my house.  Only reason I ordered from the dooney site this time was because of the 25 percent off sale but I don't think it was actually worth the stress.  

@Blingqueen023

Hi there! I have ordered several Dooneys lately with no tax. Must depend on your state. My last bag from Dooney was on sale for $438, and that was my purchase total. No shipping and no sales tax. And from I Love Dooney, I bought five of the pebble totes with wristlets on a one-day deal at $99 each (for gifts) and also paid no tax or shipping!

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Blingqueen023

Hi there! I have ordered several Dooneys lately with no tax. Must depend on your state. My last bag from Dooney was on sale for $438, and that was my purchase total. No shipping and no sales tax. And from I Love Dooney, I bought five of the pebble totes with wristlets on a one-day deal at $99 each (for gifts) and also paid no tax or shipping!

@libbyannE  It must depend on your state.  what gets me with them is I just ordered another bag of theirs which is a small crossbody that was on sale and it said it was back ordered.  Back ordered when it said it was in stock?  I had to call them and I spoke with a customer service rep yesterday and he said it is in stock and it's in packaging to be shipped out.  They pulled this on me on another time I ordered something from them.  They must have a store or something in Maryland for me to get charged tax.  I have no idea.  I watch sales on dooneys from Macys and I usually end up ordering from them.  I do have to say I ordered that Gracie hobo tsv and it's a fabulous handbag.  The teal I ordered looked more like hunter green to me which I love that color.  That is a great looking bag and the strap drop is perfect and it fits well over a coat in the middle setting of the strap.  The dooney site is having  another 25 percent off sale.  I'll probably take a look and see if anything wow's me.  

I do have to say that Tuscana Satchel/Tote we both ordered in my opinion is the best Dooney I ever purchased and it was darn hard for me to change out of that bag.  Hope you have a fabulous happy Thanksgiving.  Enjoy the holiday.