Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Handbag Shape?

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I prefer a leather, structured hobo. The double straps on a tote or other style bag, one strap always falls down my shoulder looking sloppy.

I also look for a North/South shape. The ones that are east/west make me appear shorter and wider.

@ShanusI'll see something I like ocassionaly and it's too long for me and would be out of proportion.

@ECBG  ITA. I’m petite, but like to carry a lot of “stuff”. A square bag (not too large) tends to hold wallet, 2pr. glasses, etc. more evenly...standing up... than a rectangle where everything lies down on its side on top of each other. My biggest problem is a crossbody body bag. They all have to go to a shoemaker to have at least 18” removed from the strap to have the proper proportions.

This is why I prefer an east-west satchel with a wide bottom (5-6"), because you don't have to stack your stuff.  Everything is there on the bottom and easy to grab without moving the other junk around.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I prefer a leather, structured hobo. The double straps on a tote or other style bag, one strap always falls down my shoulder looking sloppy.

I also look for a North/South shape. The ones that are east/west make me appear shorter and wider.

@ShanusI'll see something I like ocassionaly and it's too long for me and would be out of proportion.

@ECBG  ITA. I’m petite, but like to carry a lot of “stuff”. A square bag (not too large) tends to hold wallet, 2pr. glasses, etc. more evenly...standing up... than a rectangle where everything lies down on its side on top of each other. My biggest problem is a crossbody body bag. They all have to go to a shoemaker to have at least 18” removed from the strap to have the proper proportions.

@Shanus,LOVE the brand HOBO.  Remember how ladies used to wear "kid" leather pumps.  That's what HOBO uses for all of their items.  Beautiful, rich color too!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG. Love the original Coach bags...holding on to those....that Coach “red”! Not too red, not too burgundy, not too pink, or too light or too dark...the perfect year round red. I don’t think their current bags hold a candle to what the brand used to be.

Respected Contributor

A satchel or tote.  I own two Dooney large Lexington totes and I absolutely love them.  They are my go to bags.   I prefer structured bags overall.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@ECBG. Love the original Coach bags...holding on to those....that Coach “red”! Not too red, not too burgundy, not too pink, or too light or too dark...the perfect year round red. I don’t think their current bags hold a candle to what the brand used to be.

@Shanus,About two years ago when I was in Fine Jewelry at Belk, I was right next to Coach.  They had a bucket bag that reminded me of junior high.  Did you ever see it?  I also LOVE the bags that have the coach logo printed on the side.  Love that coach and the horses!

Image result for coach bucket handbag

Image result for coach  handbag with large horse and buggy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  May have had a Coach bucket bag like that in dark brown. I don’t use most of my old bags anymore because there are no suitable pockets inside for cell phones....Of course not needed then since folks knew to make a call when they got home and email or write real letters on paper (!) instead of texting.

Honored Contributor

Satchel all the way!

Valued Contributor

Satchel.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@ECBG  May have had a Coach bucket bag like that in dark brown. I don’t use most of my old bags anymore because there are no suitable pockets inside for cell phones....Of course not needed then since folks knew to make a call when they got home and email or write real letters on paper (!) instead of texting.

@ShanusI keep my cell in a transparent fushia zip top makeup bag from Walmart.  It always sticks out in a sea of black!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Is it okay to like more than one bag for a different things? 

I have a black Vera Bradley backpack that I use often for Wednesday night church and sometimes for Tuesdays.  I use it sometimes in addtion to my purse on Sundays. 

I have a big D&B satchel that I use for meetings if I take my tablet.

I also have a big ole Michael Kors that I sometimes take if the D&B looks too preppy for what I am wearing. 

I like the Brahmin bags for luncheons and club meetings. 

I like clutches for some occasions when I need one to match up.

I love nothing more than a crossbody for trips shopping or to the grocer that I can keep secured to my body so nobody takes it out of my cart.

Then the preloved designer bag, compliments of my daughter, that I take to special meetings like the Christmas club meetings and out to dinner on my anniversary, etc.