Honored Contributor

What Is Your Favorite Handbag Shape?

Although I don't have a lot of hand bags, my eyes shine with a large envelope clutch or a hobo bag.  There are a few structured bags I liked (love Brahman's leather) but I prefer the softer.  I was never drawn to structured when my grandmothers carried them and they were kid leather.  Beautiful!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Handbag Shape?

That's an easy one.
Zip-Zip satchel!!
Esteemed Contributor

Before arthritis my favorite was a leather shoulder hobo--but recently switched to fabric crossbody....miss my leather, but just too heavy on my shoulders....never thought arthritis would affect my handbag style.......ugh....

Valued Contributor

I prefer a satchel or a tote style. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hobo or a tote 👜!!

Esteemed Contributor

Hobos!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   All my bags in the last 7 or 8 years have been Kate Spade on sale.  I love a crossbody/handle bag but I do own handle that can be used as shoulder.  My most recent purchase is a black crossbody with a hard handle in leather and the shape of a medium size pouch.  However, on the side of the bag is a zipper you can unzip to give you extra space (it unzips all the way to the other side of the bag) in the bag.  It's not only stylish but practical.  I can actually say I like different shapes for handbags but I own a couple that are the same shape.  I have purchased bags from KS when they were on sale and then another 30 or 40% off of the sale price.  Thus, I was buying bags that were $300 plus for under $100.  You can't beat that.  I don't need any more bags.Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm partial to satchels but also like some smaller east-west totes. Don't love hobos, but some of them are nice. Won't even consider a small cross body at this point and have absolutely no use for backpacks at all.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Satchel - old fashioned doctor bag shape, with a shoulder strap that is adjustable from short shoulder to long shoulder to cross body.

Trusted Contributor

Many years ago I whiched to a small crossbody bag just large enough to carry driver licence, cards, lip gloss and other small items. I have several Brahmins in the flat rectangle style I love.