Contributor

What Is Dooney and Bourke Claremont Leather Made Of?

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anybody knows what exactly the Claremont leather is made from, in the Dooney And Bourke line?

Is the finish some sort of poly/vinyl coating? 

Anyone who has had one of the bags from this collection had any issues with bad chemical smells from the bags?

Thank you!

Contributor

Re: What Is Dooney and Bourke Claremont Leather Made Of?

I have the Claremont crossbody bucket bag in turquois. The leather in this bag is similar to saffiano witihout the crosshatching. It is not a soft leather and is more suited to a structured bag.  I've had absolutely no problems with it.  There is a good discription of the leather on www.dooney.com/collections website under "collections."  I does have a coating that is not obvious or plasticy looking.  It takes color beautifully and wears well.  Hope this helps!

Contributor

Thank you so much for your detailed reply  - it does help!

I was contemplating the Claremont Miller Shopper in Olive.  Looks like a beautiful bag, and I love all the different compartments. 

You mind me asking how you like the colorful chevron lining in the Claremont line?

Thanks again for your help!

Valued Contributor

I think the lining, the chevron is spectacular, I think you will love it.

Contributor

Thank you for your thoughts! 

Trusted Contributor

Yep, its like the saffiano leather but no major texture.

I own 2 of them and absolutely love them.  The leather is more structured and is very durable.  In my opinion, very classy leather.  Dont hesitate. LOVE CLAREMONT line of DOONEY >

Contributor

I love the lining!!  My hair stylist carried my bag all around the shop to show everyone.  I wish Dooney used this in all of their bags.

Contributor

Thanks for your input.  I was interested to see how claremont differed from saffiano.  I look forward to getting my Miller Shopper!

Contributor

I'm glad to hear you are happy with the lining!  My only hesitation was the bright pink trim leather around the chevron lining.  I've never been a huge pink fan, but it looks like it might be more of a deeper pink, which I don't mind.  Plus, I have to tell myself - color is a wonderful thing, so I shouldn't be afraid of trying new colors in my handbags!  I tend to go with more earthy colors, but bright colors are wonderful as well!  I'm excited to try something new - I got the Claremont Miller Shopper in Olive.