Respected Contributor

What I've noticed about the presentation of inexpensive leather bags . .

I can remember when Tignanello made the transition from all-leather to the mxture of leather and synthetic or faux leather elements and they made a big deal of it. They actually would try to say that the faux parts would hold up much better than leather. But at least they would point it out. I remember seeing the  presentation of the crossbody foldover bag and they seemed to ignore that aspect and focus on the leather and suede parts.

On evine, they used the same techniuqe  to sell the piece leather handbags (Madi Claire.)  They kept mushing the center, but not a peep about the faux leather strap and trim. 

For $39, I guess that was OK, but I hope people read the descriptions before they buy! Most of us here who are famliar with the brands know this already, but can you imagine the reaction of those who don't know anything about the brand and think they are getting all leather? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What I've noticed about the presentation of inexpensive leather bags . .

When a handbag has faux leather trim, that's a big warning to a consumer that the bag is cheaply made because that's a cost cutting measure to improve the bottom line financially.

I remember when Maxx N.Y. handbags were the number one handbag line on QVC and nobody was better than vendor and owner Cherie Christmas at showcasing the handbag inside and out. The bags were all leather and then gradually they started adding faux leather trim to the bag and they basically killed the brand as it went downhill.

Now of course her ex-husband Yacob Assayag started the Oryany handbag line a few years ago after they split up and he has not made the same mistake with this line and cheapened it with faux leather trim.

It matters to customers what they are getting when they buy a bag whether from online or in person at a store.