Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Handbag are you carrying today?

I'm carrying a green pebble leather Soprano handbag with a green python print nubuck leather insert. The bag is a modified hobo style shoulder bag.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stevieb

I love the map so much that I have a new map tote sitting next to me. My Clairau is so easy to carry. Everything is a snap to find...literally. You know how some bags you feel like it is a labor of love to lug them? Patricia's bags remind me that It doesn't have to be like that. Today I can't resist ordering the Clairau Italian Folklore. I want the Spring Lily, but must look toward fall/winter. Your satchel style I adore. How are the handles for wearing on the shoulder? It is such a classic design. I watched the presentation of one.

Valued Contributor

Yep it's safe to say I've become a fan and beginning collector.
Regular Contributor

Funny you should ask; I am carrying my Liz Claiborne bucket bag in faux leather lizard that I picked up at JCP last week on clearance. In black. I love this bag for everyday use.  And its so easy to get into and the straps stay on the shoulder. 

Respected Contributor

a260503.001.jpeg

Today, it's Dooney's Sutton Hampshire: love the unique classy material, holds everything! 

Don't have, but crushing on Dooney's blue version:

B5065G_HJMRSVNA.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

blue.jpeg

The GILI exotic leather stirrup, blue! Sueded leather, puddles, cuddles.

Hi @1Professor. Received the bag today. Beautiful and looks much lighter than during presentation, but also has some hints of blue-violet. Sadly, it wasn't new and there are signs of wear on the handles. (A few of the snake dots were even in the handbag.) I know you use your bag quite often. How's it holding up? My wine one is perfect. But I'm pretty torn about this one. Maybe if it was "as is" I'd take my chances, but to pay the full increased price, I think I'll have to return on principle alone. Smiley Frustrated

@Serendipity:

WOW, tough decision. I'd return it and order another if BLUE was still available. However, if they sent a return, maybe there isn't another new. Sometimes, when you call Customer Service (then ask for a supervisor) they will immediately send another on your promise to return it to the post office later that day.

When bags become RARE (the blue one is), part of me is willing to accept small evidence of wear. Small. Because I love the bag and sooner or later it would have small evidence of wear from ME! {Kinda like getting that first scratch on a new car, paradoxically a RELIEF.}

Esteemed Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

B00E6EOKMU.01-A1NXT5NYMFRJYB._SS630_SCRMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Brahmin Elise in pecan!

That's a beautiful bag, @1Professor.  I had never heard of Brahmin Handbags until @stevieb and @EdithEllenLily mentioned them.  I checked them out on the website and there are several I really like.   Maybe someday........

I got this one in pale blue on eBay for $200.....because I liked the newer version for twice as much so I compromised..... I still want the most recent color, though! Smiley Happy 

Hi tough_kitty .....  I saw some Brahmins on ebay a while back.  I saw the blue ones too and thought they were lovely!  Maybe some day!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Love the suttons in blue!! Today carrying the pink nylon cross body--A252267. Would post a pic 'cept I am on IPad and can't do that yet😁. Great big little bag for shopping when you need hands free and security. Saw another lady with the black!
Esteemed Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

B00E6EOKMU.01-A1NXT5NYMFRJYB._SS630_SCRMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Brahmin Elise in pecan!

That's a beautiful bag, @1Professor.  I had never heard of Brahmin Handbags until @stevieb and @EdithEllenLily mentioned them.  I checked them out on the website and there are several I really like.   Maybe someday........

I got this one in pale blue on eBay for $200.....because I liked the newer version for twice as much so I compromised..... I still want the most recent color, though! Smiley Happy 

Hi tough_kitty .....  I saw some of the blue Brahmins on ebay a while back.  They were truly lovely. Maybe someday I will purchase a Brahmin myself.

Regular Contributor

D & B coated cotton, floral print bag, was the TSV maybe three years ago, mohter's day.  Not one of my favs, but it is a good bag, I do get compliments.