Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Handbag are you carrying today?

@tough_kitty wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

B00E6EOKMU.01-A1NXT5NYMFRJYB._SS630_SCRMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Brahmin Elise in pecan!

That's a beautiful bag, @1Professor.  I had never heard of Brahmin Handbags until @stevieb and @EdithEllenLily mentioned them.  I checked them out on the website and there are several I really like.   Maybe someday........

I got this one in pale blue on eBay for $200.....because I liked the newer version for twice as much so I compromised..... I still want the most recent color, though! Smiley Happy 

Hi tough_kitty... I've responded to your post twice today and it has disappeared both times. Webbie must not like what I wrote ...but I can't imagine what it might have been,  I wm going to try again in a separate post and see what happens.  @tough_kitty

Esteemed Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

Brahmin Elise in pecan!

That's a beautiful bag, @1Professor.  I had never heard of Brahmin Handbags until @stevieb and @EdithEllenLily mentioned them.  I checked them out on the website and there are several I really like.   Maybe someday........

I got this one in pale blue on eBay for $200.....because I liked the newer version for twice as much so I compromised..... I still want the most recent color, though! Smiley Happy 

Love the pale blue Brahmins.  I saw a few on ebay I liked but stopped myself from purchasing. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I also am carrying a Patricia Nash bag. MIne is  her little cross body Fuchsia with the beautiful rose Toole design on it. I really am loving the Italian leather. I have two more bags of her's on the way to me!!  I just ordered them all within the past two weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi tough_kitty .... I have also seen this handbag on ebay in blue.  Lovely bags.  I had to force myself not to purchase any.  I also like the pecan.

@1Professor wrote:

Brahmin Elise in pecan!

Super Contributor

Macy's has a few of Patricia Nash's bags on sale!! I ordered one yesterday. Their sale prices are wonderful!!

Valued Contributor

I had better go take a peek. Robot Happy

Honored Contributor

I changed my mind about switching into the Roma white ostrich...  The weather here continues to go from iffy to downright qwappy and besides, I decided I don't want to be using such a large, heavy bag right now, so I switched into my DB SuttonHampshire tote...  Also a pretty large bag, but pretty light, especially when not loaded up...  This is a very cool bag, that now also comes in a couple of colors.

As Is Dooney & Bourke Sutton Hampshire Tote

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

To go out to dinner this evening with Mr. Lily and our friend, I took my Frederic Paris black, flat, kidney-shaped shoulder bag that I found in Paris, one of the areas we traveled to on our honeymoon. While I don't have a photograph of it, you can see the smooth, shiny leather in this Frederic Paris black backpack found on the bay:

Frederic T Paris convertible backpack / handbag / purse - black $225

Occasional Contributor

I love your satchel, hopi.  I miss the duck hang tags, I have collected them over time, and the one on this bag I don't have.  Enjoy your "oldie but goodie"..

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

blue.jpeg

The GILI exotic leather stirrup, blue! Sueded leather, puddles, cuddles.

Hi @1Professor. Received the bag today. Beautiful and looks much lighter than during presentation, but also has some hints of blue-violet. Sadly, it wasn't new and there are signs of wear on the handles. (A few of the snake dots were even in the handbag.) I know you use your bag quite often. How's it holding up? My wine one is perfect. But I'm pretty torn about this one. Maybe if it was "as is" I'd take my chances, but to pay the full increased price, I think I'll have to return on principle alone. Smiley Frustrated

@serendipidy: Signs of wear: none. Although I wear it on my shoulder (hence over clothes) rather than on my bear arm or using my hands to carry it. I assume sueded leather is more fragile than coated leather or pebbled leather.