Valued Contributor

Went a Hermes birkin bag? Found a fun tips and tricks video to getting one!!

[ Edited ]

Steve Jan is the SK-II Brand Ambassador and he presents on the Q!  You may have seen him recently.  He has a fun You Tube channel that discusses luxury items.  

A video he posted several months ago is entitled: "Buying Your Hermes Bag In Paris" where a friend of his describe her super involved experience getting a Kelly Bag!  If you do a Google search you can find the video (since I can't post the actual link to the site).  Smiley Happy

His other videos are awesome too!  

Enjoy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Went a Hermes birkin bag? Found a fun tips and tricks video to getting one!!

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much I wil certainly watch the videos.

Last summer I was in Paris in August our hotel was in the Faubourg st Honore next to Hermes and there was a huge line of Asian ladies waiting by 9:30 they open at 10:00am and there was a sign stating that they could only buy/ order two handbags per person. I did not see the same number of fans at Chanel in the rue Cambon🌻

Valued Contributor

Re: Went a Hermes birkin bag? Found a fun tips and tricks video to getting one!!

@CHIP62 wrote:

Thank you so much I wil certainly watch the videos.

Last summer I was in Paris in August our hotel was in the Faubourg st Honore next to Hermes and there was a huge line of Asian ladies waiting by 9:30 they open at 10:00am and there was a sign stating that they could only buy/ order two handbags per person. I did not see the same number of fans at Chanel in the rue Cambon🌻

Heartthat area!!

It was super interesting to watch the video on the process is friend went through to get her bag Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Take a trip to Buenos Aires where it is very easy to purchase a Birkin at the Hermes store there. 

Valued Contributor

@jewel3 wrote:

Take a trip to Buenos Aires where it is very easy to purchase a Birkin at the Hermes store there. 

What a great idea!  I hear Buenos Aires is lovely.  I would like to go Smiley Happy  I didn't realize Hermes had a store there.

The issue I think too is what the stores actually have and can get....

It seems very involved and that you have to be open to getting a range of colors since it's likely you will never get your first choice unless your Kim Kardashian!! 

Respected Contributor

No thanks.  I dislike the shape and heavy structure, and the ridiculous price tag.   But admittedly, I'm frugal and don't want to work as hard as years ago.  So I'm careful with the money, never know what is coming financially with government shysters.  JMO. 

Respected Contributor

Perhaps they are still a status symbol, but I see them everywhere on TV and in the HW shows, that they don't seem that special to me anymore.  What those women are saying is "look at me, I have so much money that I can afford this handbag."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, my, I watched the video for about 2-3 minutes and had to turn it off.  Between "Mr. Jan" and his friend "Jenny" talking about how to buy a Hermes bag in Paris, how long the lines are (she was in line for two hours on a "freezing" day), what door to go through (there are two), etc, etc, I actually felt sick listening to these people who are status symbol junkies.

How shallow can you be?

Sorry, @Swissguy, I have to disagree with you.  The Jan videos would not be "awesome" to me.

Respected Contributor

all I can think of is Samatha Jones and what she did to get her bag.  Any ladies that seen the episode of **X in the city will know what I am talking about.

Deb

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A.n.y.o.n.e. can buy this bag.

A.n.y.o.n.e. can 'get' one.

Usually those who are photographed carrying this bag

are influential enough they were asked to carry it.  

I want to be given one.

I'll let The Game come to me.