Super Contributor

Well I'm Kinda Bummed....................

The Dooney TSV near the holidays used to be pretty awesome TSV'S.  That being said I was so disappointed when I saw what the Q had lined up for this year's special.  If nothing else, I kinda wish this month's Dooney Bag of the Month would have been offered as a TSV with the kiss lock coin purse added as a bonus.  Oh well, maybe the spring TSV will be something special - who knows.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well I'm Kinda Bummed....................

I think the handles should be stained the same color on both sides. It stands out as unfinished and cost cutting to me. I can find better on sale. I agree there should be an extra incentive coin purse or key chain.

Respected Contributor

I think the Q needs a new handbag buyer.  I expected much more for a TSV.  I thought maybe they would bring a style back from the All Weather Leather collection. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

EXactly. I commented about this on the other thread yesterday. Big disappointment. The original Mila tote in Selleria collection was nice, but to just craft it out of a different leather and put it out as a tsv? Sigh.... I expected more. Ah, the good old days when, say, the Brenna came out. I bought five of them, and I still use them all the time. I am not even going to watch the tsv intro on Friday night.

From the Dooney site,  I did buy a new Dooney Alto bag from the made in Italy line and another Florentine satchel this week. I was up for a couple of new bags. Too bad Qvc can’t get its act together to offer something FRESH and interesting for the Dooney tsv. This seems true of all the brands that the Q has been running into the ground in recent years. Very sad.

Honored Contributor

Count me in among the disappointed Woman Frustrated

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I posted in the other thread, IMO, the D&B TSV is cheaply made with the handles not being finished on both sides. The shape/style is just a plain box shape and not even worth the TSV price.

Happily saving $$$ though...

I have 10 D&B handbags and don't need one more. Six of them are florentine leather (2 east/west zip sac- chestnut & black, 2 large zip barlow - red & black, and 2 - A239408 in natural & black) , 1 croco (charcoal deana) and the other 3 are pebble leather (a sage zip zip, and 2 brennas - navy & cranberry).

That is my entire D&B collection... All the rest I had given to charity.

Today I switched from a Lug handbag to one of the D&B florentine east/west zip sacs (chestnut) A220187. It has been awhile since I used either one of them, so I thought it was time to get them out and use them again Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers   I too was surprised by the lack of the same color on the handles....didn't expect this lack of attention to detail from Dooney.

Honored Contributor

The Q2 Daily Deal bag the other day was nicer than this 20th Anniversary TSV.  BIG disappointment.  It should have been something special offered at a great price.

Honored Contributor

i noticed that they have the pebble leather hobo lock bag back. i loved when that had the kiss lock purse that was a part of the deal. i collect those and would love to have a TSV that included that accessory.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@DianeFM wrote:

The Dooney TSV near the holidays used to be pretty awesome TSV'S.  That being said I was so disappointed when I saw what the Q had lined up for this year's special.  If nothing else, I kinda wish this month's Dooney Bag of the Month would have been offered as a TSV with the kiss lock coin purse added as a bonus.  Oh well, maybe the spring TSV will be something special - who knows.

Perhaps this won't be the last TSV before Christmas.  I was under the impression that this was more of an Anniversary bag.  Maybe there will be the big Christmas gift bag in November.