Honored Contributor

Well, I finally bought a new purse for spring/summer

I looked and looked. Ordered and cancelled a few etc. for various reasons.Finally bought one. In a pretty light green, to be my daily carry this year. I hope it is big enough for my large wallet. I love this wallet but it has been an issue to be dealt with in chosing a new purse, as it is about 3"  deep. I am excited to get a new light, summer color as the weather here in Fl. has turned to spring, and I've been carrying a black & tan color block.

Honored Contributor

Re: Well, I finally bought a new purse for spring/summer

Enjoy your new handbag. Light green sounds pretty, and summery. I hope your wallet will work with it. I have not changed purses yet for the spring/summer, but we are having cool damp days. I plan to carry a plaid one, in summery colors. I carried it last year, and enjoyed it a lot. 

Respected Contributor

Sounds pretty.  Glad you found one you really like and fits your needs.  Enjoy the nice weather !

Respected Contributor

Light green sounds very lovely for Spring.  Wear it in good health!

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

Enjoy your new handbag. Light green sounds pretty, and summery. I hope your wallet will work with it. I have not changed purses yet for the spring/summer, but we are having cool damp days. I plan to carry a plaid one, in summery colors. I carried it last year, and enjoyed it a lot. 

Oh yes, plaid sounds pretty for summer.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately my health needs are getting so that I NEED to now carry my epi pen everywhere at all times plus my inhaler and a pill box with some meds.As well, when we are in Pitts. in the summer it is wise to always carry an umbrella large enough for two of us,  then add my phone and DH's phone which he keeps putting in my purse, and just the normal stuff you always carry like sunglasses and keys and tissues and in no time at all the purse is full. It would help if my DH didn't think it is OUR purse and he keeps putting his stuff in there. He gets low blood sugar so he has to have glucose tablets, his comb , his wallet - I thought this was why men had pockets!

Honored Contributor

I found a really nice one at kohls about 2 wks ago.  nice colors for spring/summer with a couple of different colors of appliqued flowers on one side and a big pocket on the other.  On sale for $36ish or so, nice faux leather.  looking forward to using it.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It would help if my DH didn't think it is OUR purse and he keeps putting his stuff in there. He gets low blood sugar so he has to have glucose tablets, his comb , his wallet - I thought this was why men had pockets!

We are retired and my husband was always wanting to put his wallet, glasses, keys, sunglasses, Iphone, medicine etc in MY handbag. The solution was to get him a vest to wear over his polo shirts and shorts/slacks.  The ones from Travelsmith have 15 pockets.  That ought to do it !! No more fighting over space and he doesn't lose or forget anything.  

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Unfortunately my health needs are getting so that I NEED to now carry my epi pen everywhere at all times plus my inhaler and a pill box with some meds.As well, when we are in Pitts. in the summer it is wise to always carry an umbrella large enough for two of us,  then add my phone and DH's phone which he keeps putting in my purse, and just the normal stuff you always carry like sunglasses and keys and tissues and in no time at all the purse is full. It would help if my DH didn't think it is OUR purse and he keeps putting his stuff in there. He gets low blood sugar so he has to have glucose tablets, his comb , his wallet - I thought this was why men had pockets!

Man bags, what a great idea... Honestly, if men put everything they need in their pockets, they'd look totally mis-shapen... and I'd imagine sitting on all that stuff is uncomfortable too. On the other hand, I prefer not to carry a tote when a satchel will do, just so I can haul around stuff belonging to someone else... A small item or two is one thing, but otherwise, either they need to be comfortable enough in their own skin to carry a bag of some sort, leave it in the car or leave it at home... I'm not a pack mule.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Solution: Get your husband a man-bag.  When I saw Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) in Aspen he was carrying  one as a shoulder bag.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment