Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Well I did it again - Saint Laurent Grain de Poudre Kate bag

[ Edited ]

Women are allowed to change our minds sometimes aren't we?  I had purchased the Saint Laurent classic Kate medium bag in blanc vintage back in 2018.  I kept it about a year but did not find much use for it and so I decided to sell it.  I did regret it the moment I sold for one day I knew I was going to have occasions where it would be just perfect.  It was my biggest mistake.

It is the same grained caviar type leather as my other larger Saint Laurent I purchased several months ago.

Over the past two years I have been thinking about that Kate again and what a stupid idea it was giving it up.

I do love the look of a white dressier bag with black.  I have alot of black but do not wear it  much though as I live in the south.  It will go with everything.

I now have occasion's where I need an evening or let's say small dressier bag (but not too small though as I can't stand those itsy bitsy bags they put out these days).  So I once again bought the kate in white blanc.

I do not like clutches as when you stand up at cocktail parties it leaves you with only one hand.  I prefer a thin gold or metal chain bag.  The Kate holds quite alot coming in at around 9.7" length 2.2" width, and 6.75" in

height.  Wallet, glasses, makeup, keys, small brush, phone.  It's perfect.  Price is $1,990.00 plus tax.

It can also be dressed down of course with shorts as anything goes today but I will use this specifically for evening dressier, theater, dinner party, etc. functions.  This time it will be a keeper because no matter how much I searched for an evening type bag this one was always the winner not to mention the quality of Saint Laurent. 

Here's some pictures of Kate:  

Kate on the sofa:

0730171540a (2) LONGEST CHAIN COUCH SL.jpg

Side shot for width which is good yet still light and sleek:

20220305_113741 side shot SL.jpg

A perfect mod shot of kate:

luxury-women-saint-laurent-pari PINK DRESS.jpg

Here is Kate with the tassel which I did not choose but like. They are the same.  I would tire of the tassel quickly however,  and prefer a simple classic but she's wearing it with black and I wanted to show that.  Her's is also croc stamped white I believe.  

She has also played with the chain which I can do as well and forgot to mention. 

w2000_q60 with tassel xcomparison BLAXCK AND WHITE.jpg

simple black and white outfit, white bag:

79bd48d47ff30359866291ad033091ad white bag comparison black and white.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Well I did it again - Saint Laurent Grain de Poudre Kate bag

When you find the perfect bag, hang on to it !  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your gorgeous new bag!

Trusted Contributor

it's beautiful!   Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

Beautiful bag. 

Trusted Contributor

I love it, enjoy your new bag. I hope to settle one one soon, decisions, decisions,