Regular Contributor

Strolling thru my local Walmart yesterday and I see that they are now carrying the faux leather bags made by Big Buddha.  They had 5 styles, all under $35.  I wonder about big brands being mass produced for Walmart.  Seems like Kathy Van Zeeland tried that recently and it didn't go so well. 

Respected Contributor

I have seen Big Buddha in Lord and Taylor and Macy's. They've been on HSN and on ebags.

Usually Big Buddha bags run in the $59-$79 range. I would hate to see them go. Alhough inexpensive, they can have nice designs. They're great for those who want triendier designs and a low price.

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of brands are having problems getting customer loyalty these days so Ithey try different sales strategies to get back to customers favorouite.I think a lot of people want to change up their fashion often and so won't spend big amounts for a brand name or maybe it is about quantity and not so much quality.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the tip.  I never think to look for a purse there but I will now.  I'm always looking for nice nonleather purses and shoes. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@retiredgal69  Dont buy Kathy Van Zeeland Bags.  I bought a mess of them from QVC over the years and they are litterally falling apart.  I am not hard on my bags,  I take care of them and a few I hardly used.  I never had handbags do this!

Esteemed Contributor

I got a Big Budda bag at J c Penney online 2 weeks ago too