Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

So often cute and functional is all that is necessary.  I have my "Walmart" sweater for warmth while dressing down, why not the bag too.  It is nice to not have to worry what spills on anything some days.

Well, it needs to hold up too, such as the handles need not to break and, if it's lined, the lining needs not to tear and zippers need to work properly. Those would be the only things I'd be concerned about.

Honored Contributor

We need to carry what we like no matter what anyone thinks. I don't like to carry my better handbags when the weather is bad.

I have a couple of cloth totes that I got on QVC when they were on sale. I like to take them when I shop (mostly at the malls) then I can put all my purchases in the tote and not have several bags to carry.

I know this is off your topic but I have found some really great tops (Danskin) on sale at Walmart. I like their capris too. Last year I bought their lightweight jackets that are wonderful for going to the store or in the car when we travel.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy many items of clothing from Walmart.  I look for tops which cost me less than ten bucks.  I buy by color to complete outfits.  I have no problem with quality and comfort.  

As for bags, call this reverse snobbery but I too buy the inexpensive ones and even carry decorated grocery bags.   One type of bag in particular I get from an Ebay seller.  It is essentially an embroidered floral tote that costs less than $20 total, comes from an Asian country, is handmade and gets me all sorts of compliments.  And when someone stops me I love to tell them WHAT I DID NOT PAY FOR IT.