Valued Contributor

Yep, I know some of you will turn up your nose at these Woman Wink but I was in Walmart Sunday. and they had handbags (they called them totes) on clearance for $11 and $13  They had several three toned colors (mixture of black, brown and beige and a few other colors-a cute red black and white).  They are roomy, have a pretty, colorful fabric liner with a zip up pocket inside and one outside. Handle that is not a strap, but large enough to put over your shoulder. I think they are super cute-I got two and may go back for a third at that price. I don't know if all Walmarts have them. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the alert.  I like non-leather handbags during the Fall/Winter when it's raining and wet. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Hey, who cares if others turn up their noses?  It's your money & if you found something you like, then good for you for bagging your bargains!  I hope you enjoy them in good health!

Esteemed Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Hey, who cares if others turn up their noses?  It's your money & if you found something you like, then good for you for bagging your bargains!  I hope you enjoy them in good health!

Very well said!! Who cares indeed! 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

A great bag doesn't necessarily need an expensive price tag! i have bags from 12 to 1200 bucks and they are all loved and well used! It doesn't matter what anyone thinks! If you love it, that is aok!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

I actually used one of the bags for the first time today.  Like all "bottomless" bags, you have to organize things to find them, but it was great and the handles were long enough to fit just fine over my shoulder. 

Trusted Contributor

I only use crossbody bags and more than half of them have come from Walmart. I usually get compliments on them and when I tell where they are from they are amazed. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a nice floral canvas summer tote bag that I bought a couple of years ago on clearance for about $7 from H&M. I probably wouldn't have looked twice at it but it ended up being a nice bag that I could carry around when I needed to carry a second bag when shopping and it was useful for holding a sweater or jacket.

Sometimes a bag finds you!

Honored Contributor

I used to work with an office full of handbag and diamond jewelry snobs........it's such a relief to be outta there (!!!!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

So often cute and functional is all that is necessary.  I have my "Walmart" sweater for warmth while dressing down, why not the bag too.  It is nice to not have to worry what spills on anything some days.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."