Honored Contributor

Re: Wakey Wakey MZW Fans (5/23)

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

One other clever idea to "summerize" a neutral is a purse scarf.  This blogger orders from PoePoe Purses on Etsy. 

@hicindy2  Do you like this idea? I like scarves, but not on my handbags. I like to see the handbag! It looks like that handbag above is wearing a disguise...Woman LOL

@EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 Sometimes when I take a real scarf with me, I'll tie it around the handles of my bag. But it's a wearable one -- so I don't lose it!

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

Here is our official response:

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

As you said, both Paloma and Gull Grey are fairly similar light grey colors, but do vary in their undertone. Paloma is a cooler, true light grey color and Gull Grey is warmer with an almost pink/taupe undertone.

I hope that’s helpful!

Best,

Sydney Hall
Customer Service Associate
MZ Wallace
10 crosby street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10013

@hicindy2 @Serendipity Which grey do you like better? I prefer Paloma, although I'm not sure if I would order a bag in that color because I think it would show dirt too easily despite the 'easy cleaning' with the dish soap and water.

@EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 Paloma was very pretty IRL with that silver trim. I think the bedford is warmer than the oxford. When I put it against black and tan it took on an almost taupey feel. Which seemed unusual. It played well with those colors. I have a hard time with grey bags as they wash me out. Paloma seemed like it would work for me. I'm wondering if gull might be even better if warmer with a more true taupe undertone. But I'll probably pass on the grey all around. 

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily   I have the 2 tone Paloma and Magnet medium Sutton for just that reason.  Ordinary life can get downright grubby.  

Watch out for Scarf Bandits Woman LOL

Cat Bandit Tee shirt

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 You are cracking me up with the scarf bandits! Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   I have the 2 tone Paloma and Magnet medium Sutton for just that reason.  Ordinary life can get downright grubby.  

Watch out for Scarf Bandits Woman LOL

Cat Bandit Tee shirt

Love Paloma colorblock Metros and Suttons!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Geeez, that new Crosby is appealing: finally, a helpful screen shot 

From Facebook: 

The Crosby in a lighter color? You asked, we listened! Gull Grey is a soft, warm grey with a very subtle hint of pink.

No automatic alt text available.

Valued Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Geeez, that new Crosby is appealing: finally, a helpful screen shot 

From Facebook: 

The Crosby in a lighter color? You asked, we listened! Gull Grey is a soft, warm grey with a very subtle hint of pink.

No automatic alt text available.

Very pretty color especially with the red edging.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like this limited edition metro tote, and with a pop of bright blue lining. What do you girls think? @hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily @foo foo shi shi @handygal2 I still don't own any print bags, but may "spring" for this one. Smiley Wink

Limited Edition

Blue lining

Tote

Valued Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

I really like this limited edition metro tote, and with a pop of bright blue lining. What do you girls think? @hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily @foo foo shi shi @handygal2 I still don't own any print bags, but may "spring" for this one. Smiley Wink

Limited Edition

Blue lining

Tote

I love it @Serendipity!

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity  I like the dark background which makes it seasonless and a tad more sophisticated.  Interesting backstory:

We are proudly partnering with print master Cynthia Rowley to bring you a limited edition Summer floral Medium Metro Tote to benefit the Council of Fashion Designer's of America (CFDA) Foundation. Inspired by one of her signature prints, and applied to our lightweight, durable, and soft signature Quilted Oxford Nylon, this tote is the perfect mix of pretty and sporty.

Some of the flowers have little faces (by the logo):  a bit of whimsey.