Occasional Contributor

There should be a way of contacting a customer when wish list items are available.  I have been waiting for http://www.qvc.com/Travelon-Anti-Theft-Quilted-Crossbody-Handbag-w-RFID.product.F12110.html?sc=F1211....  Keep missing it.  I cannot watch QVC 24/7.

Honored Contributor

@PeriAug

Peri, when you see the description - Sorry, not available at this time, that's QVC's way of saying we don't have it and we won't be having it.

Ideally, this bag should not even be viewable to the consumer as it's gone, period.

I'm going to look for an item that actually has a waitlist option and come back to this thread and post that so you can see the difference between true waitlist and gone/never coming back.

Gimme a minute, lol

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@PeriAug

I realize that this is a fashion item, however the general concept is the same across categories at the Q.

Okay, this Denim & Co Duster (A280669) was available in several colors and many size options.

http://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co.-Long-Sleeve-Button-Front-Duster-Cardigan.product.A280669.html?sc=A2...

Click on this link and once you get to the item page, place your cursor on the New Antique Rose color button.

Under the color button is all of the sizes.

When we are looking at the antique rose option, you will see size XXS is bordered by a solid line.  Basically XXS is in a box - that means antique rose in this duster is available is XXS.

Look over one size and you see size XS - which has an X through it.  Antique rose is sold out in that size.

Look over one size and you see S - which is bordered by dotted lines.  Basically size S is in a dotted line box.

That means the item is not immediately available, however you can order it on waitlist and there is a chance (no guarantee) that they will be able to fill the order.

Now, about waitlist.  I've never ordered something on waitlist.  I know other people who have had a positive waitlist experience.  They get their orders.  I know others who never get their order.

Alot of it depends on the frenzy at the time an order is presented.  Sometimes shoppers go crazy, place orders, then decide in a day or two to cancel it, which then frees up an item.

Sometimes the waitlist is filled by an item that was purchased and then returned for whatever reason.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, they aren't known for exceedingly customer-focused communications... But if you put something on your wish list and check it periodically then you'll see if and when it is back in stock... And no, of course, no one can watch this drivel 24/7... At least I'd certainly not recommend it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

QVC,,this is all just too complicated and doesn't have to be. I buy from another retailer and if you want something that will return to stock in the future just sign up to be notified when that happens. DONE!  

You will receive an email alert to say it is back in inventory, do you still want?  DONE. 

This checking and checking is ridculous in these days of shopping. 

Occasional Contributor

Completely agree with you.  Notifications would be GREAT.  

Occasional Contributor

My wish list item has come back in stock & if I had been could have ordered the color I wanted.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Fortunately, this isn't the only game in town and most items sold here are usually sold elsewhere, often for less, often with less costly shipping and often on websites that might offer a notification feature... ebags offers a slew of Travelon bags...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...