Respected Contributor

Can anyone here explain to me WHY Coach BLACK bags never go on sale? I was looking for the lLarge Chaise Leather Crossbody on Macy's & other websites. They have had other colors for 177. But the black is 295. Lots have been sold out on the 177 price.

Its frustrating because its not as if the black is any different in quality.

Honored Contributor

Black is not a "seasonal" color

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kabella    I think you're asking the wrong people.  They can keep those black bags forever and they'll all eventually sell.  I have never owned a black handbag.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi  Of course it can be a seasonal color. I have black & white dresses & other clothes in which it pops. Its not a color that I would wear often but I need one. 

I do have a gucci classic that I have had for many years with gold & leather straps that I wear on special occasions that my Mom gifted & also one in beige that I was gifted from hubby.

Instead of the Coach, I got the D&B zip zip in black on sale. I did not think the Coach was worth 295 for that black bag.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I am sure their is someone here that owns a  coach bag that just might be able to answer my question evenutally. Read my reply to @Desertdi 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Desertdi  Of course it can be a seasonal color. I have black & white dresses & other clothes in which it pops. Its not a color that I would wear often but I need one. 

I do have a gucci classic that I have had for many years with gold & leather straps that I wear on special occasions that my Mom gifted & also one in beige that I was gifted from hubby.

Instead of the Coach, I got the D&B zip zip in black on sale. I did not think the Coach was worth 295 for that black bag.

@Kabella  I think what @Desertdi  meant by "not a seasonal color" is that black is a year round color, so there's no off-season.  Black bags probably sell well all year, so no need to reduce the price ever. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I have no idea why Coach would do that.  Black for me is an all seasons color.  It's the only color I carry except for dressy events.

Do you have a Coach outlet within driving distance?  You might find one there.

You also could look on ebay.  Someone just might sell the brand new bag you are looking for at a much lower price.  If not today, keep looking, one could pop up any day.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella Because you want it....frustrating I know!

Respected Contributor

I am no longer looking for the coach bag in black. Got the D&B zip zip. More curious a to why the Chaise never go on sale in Black. @Foxxee  I don't shop on e-bay but The outlet did have the chaise crossbody which I do have in Chambre blue with charcoal hardware which was a steal. Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Kabella wrote:

@Kabella  I think what @Desertdi  meant by "not a seasonal color" is that black is a year round color, so there's no off-season.  Black bags probably sell well all year, so no need to reduce the price ever. 

@shoesnbags    That's EXACTLY what I meant.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥