Honored Contributor

I think I've seen these bags in Macy's, watched the Q show, but have no first hand knowledge of quality, etc. Anyone who owns one have opinions on the leather, how it wears, etc.?

Super Contributor

Re: WHAT ABOUT PATRICIA NASH?

@Shanus wrote:

I think I've seen these bags in Macy's, watched the Q show, but have no first hand knowledge of quality, etc. Anyone who owns one have opinions on the leather, how it wears, etc.?

I only have one bag. The leather is nice and mine has worn well.. I have a black embossed bag. But I personally think that her bags are just ok.. Nothing special about them to me.

Respected Contributor

I have this bag.  I got it on clearance at T J Maxx.  I love it but the leather does scratch easily and after carrying it only a few times I had wear on the corners.  And I am very careful with my bags.  I would never pay full price for her bags as I do not think they would last me for very long.A4C15C6E-C427-44B9-AC55-12DC928CBF73.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Regular Contributor

I purchased on of her tooled leather bags at TJ Maxx last spring. Leather is very good quality, although it's on the heavy side and took some time to soften up. I've gotten many compliments on it and like the bag. However - and it's a big however - within a couple of months one of the zippers separated. I managed to get it to work again but when it happens once, it's bound to continue.

On another note, last week I was back at TJ Maxx and scored a nice Frye bag for $69!

Honored Contributor

Doesn't sound like very positive recommendations.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I have a couple of her crossbody bags.  They have a nice adjustable long strap (unlike some bags like coach or MK where they are too short) and have worn well.  It's black embossed and closes with a snap, and has a zipper inside.  I've had no issues with them. 

I think I got one at Macy's (on sale), and the other at TJMaxx.  I took mine traveling to NY, it was the perfect size for a phone, some cards, lipstick and some cash and not too heavy.  There is a zippered compartment inside (for credit cards), and easy to get in and out of when needed but still secure.

I like it so much, I got the brown one too2478658_fpx.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I have two of her bags...they are nice and well made but the two I have are a 'stiffer' leather.....which is OK but I prefer a bag that is softer.  I have a matching wallet, which is nice.

I probably would not purchase anymore of her bags, one...because I really don't need another hand bag and I do prefer the softer leather.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  That is a good point, my bags are a thicker leather (but not heavy), and have worn well, and no scratches.  

If the poster is looking for soft leather (and those are so nice to have) handbags, then Patricia Nash is not the brand I would choose.   B. Makowsky used to have the best butter soft leather bags, but I don't think he makes them any longer....or I haven't seen any in a really long time.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 

I like the looks of the tooled leather, but will check TJ Maxx from time to time. I need another bag like another hole in my head. The Q prices and Macy's, even on sale, are more than I want to spend on a "try me" bag.

Super Contributor

I have 1 of her bags in white I got on clearance at Dillard's in August at 75% off! It's a nice bag but I've only used it once since I got it at summers end. I have read on several threads about zipper problems with her bags. Also they are made in China and that wasn't what people wanted to hear, that the construction wasn't in USA. I am a frequent TJ Maxx and Marshalls shopper and see her bags at both stores frequently considerably marked at lower prices. I wouldn't pay full price for her bags. Nowadays there are a lot of bags I wouldn't pay at full price. I recently bought a gorgeous Hobo brand bag at 50% off at Von Maur while most other websites still have the Hobo bag at 318.00 (full price). Pays to shop around. Just my opinion.