Super Contributor

Just received my Vera Bradley Love in Blooms hipster.  Have to air it out because of a medicinal smell.  My son said it smells just like cough syrup.  Yuck.  

Regular Contributor

A lot of people here on the forums recommend Febreeze fabric spray for eliminating odors. I'd try it if "airing out" doesn't work.

Super Contributor

Okie doke. I'll try it. Thanks.  

Esteemed Contributor

I had a funky Vera Bradley bag before and it was fine after a spritz with Febreeze and I followed up in the dryer with my low heat/delicate load.  The heat from the dryer seemed to set in the Febreeze.  The odor never returned. Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

I read online that Vera Bradley products are made in China. Like all those products that are, China sprays formaldehyde/insecticide on all things they export. 

Super Contributor

I bought a VB Hipster for my mother last year and she could not stand a "funky smell" that it emanated. I agree that it is likely the chemicals used in shipments of product from China to thwart bugs and the like, and for some reason the VB fabrics hold the odor. Interestingly, the Lug bags don't have any odor. Anyway, my mom wouldn't use the bag and we ended up putting it in a donation bin.

Super Contributor

I used febreeze clothing odor elimanator Crisp clean scent. That did the trick!  No more odor.  Thanks for the heads up!