Respected Contributor

Vera Bradley Triple Hipster ???

I would like to know how deep and wide the back slip pocket is.  I need to know if my Note 3 phone with case would go down deep enough to not fall out.  I read a couple reviews saying the pocket isn't very deep even though it looks deep from the pics.

Can anyone help me?  Thanks!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Vera Bradley Triple Hipster ???

• From the bottom to the very top is 6" deep.  From edge to edge is 5" wide.  So I would allow at least 1/4-1/2" less for anything I would want to put inside easily.  My iPhone 6s+ fits in just fine width-wise, but it sticks out of the top by about a half inch.  I use one of the front pockets for my phone.
Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:
  • From the bottom to the very top is 6" deep.  From edge to edge is 5" wide.  So I would allow at least 1/4-1/2" less for anything I would want to put inside easily.  My iPhone 6s+ fits in just fine width-wise, but it sticks out of the top by about a half inch.  I use one of the front pockets for my phone.

@geezerette  Oh THANK YOU!  That is exactly what I needed to know.  I like to slide my phone in and don't want to mess with zippers when I need to grab my phone.

Do you leave it unzipped for your phone for fast access?  Just curious.

That info. makes me lean towards the regular Hipster.  That front slip pocket is big enough I think from reading reviews.

Vera Bradley is having an awesome sale.  There is a pattern I want for 1/2 price and free shipping for Labor Day.  It is availble in both the regular Hipster and the Triple Hipster.

I can't decide which one I want!!!!

Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@mima

No, actually I don't leave the zipper undone.  I don't often use my phone--I don't need fast access--and I like the fact that I can zip it up and make sure the phone doesn't slide out unexpectedly.

I don't know if you have your heart set on the Triple Zip or not, but you may be interested in the Mailbag (I think that's its name).  It's a similar style and size and also has a back slide pocket that is a touch larger:  about 5 1/4" wide by 8 3/4" deep.  It also has two front magnetic pockets, both a perfect size for a larger phone.  (They stay closed when you need them to do so, but all you have to do to access your phone is pull up the flap, not unzip anything.)  Although I still haven't been able to find out if having a magnet close to your phone would hurt it in any way.  I like both styles.

I'm glad I could help you.  Happy Shopping!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@geezerette  Thank you.  I'll check out the mail bag!

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@mima

No, actually I don't leave the zipper undone.  I don't often use my phone--I don't need fast access--and I like the fact that I can zip it up and make sure the phone doesn't slide out unexpectedly.

I don't know if you have your heart set on the Triple Zip or not, but you may be interested in the Mailbag (I think that's its name).  It's a similar style and size and also has a back slide pocket that is a touch larger:  about 5 1/4" wide by 8 3/4" deep.  It also has two front magnetic pockets, both a perfect size for a larger phone.  (They stay closed when you need them to do so, but all you have to do to access your phone is pull up the flap, not unzip anything.)  Although I still haven't been able to find out if having a magnet close to your phone would hurt it in any way.  I like both styles.

I'm glad I could help you.  Happy Shopping!

I considered both of these for a recent trip when I wanted a crossbody. I chose the Mailbag...it holds more. I have been very happy with it. It holds so much I have been carrying it for my everyday bag since the trip.

Respected Contributor

Update:  I ended up buying the regular hipster in Zebra for 1/2 price which was $30.  I got it yesterday and LOVE it!  My phone fits perfect in the front slide pocket.  The pockets are perfect for me!  I don't like a big bag and I was afraid I would end up not liking the others because of their size.  The regular hipster is "pushing it" size wize for me.

I carried it today and it was very slim and lightweight.

Thanks for all your replies!