Honored Contributor

Re: Vera Bradley Bag Talk, 2016!

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I just bought the Pleated Tote in Canterberry Magenta I got it at more than 50% off and free shipping from the Vera Bradley ebay store. They had it on their main website last week but I didn't buy it. The price was a little higher too. I've bought from the Vera Bradley ebay store before and been happy. Canterberry Magenta is my favorite Vera pattern and I wanted a tote I could use as a purse ( unlike the huge Get Carried Away tote I have) and that had outside pockets for water bottles.  

10812149-V1.jpg

10812149-V2.jpg

Oh my goodness @jaxs mom!!! Congratulations!!! The Pleated Tote as a handbag is my favorite style and it's gorgeous as you know in Canterbury Magenta!!! You scored a great price, too!!! Wow! I bought this same handbag for a friend for her birthday in December and she just loved it! Enjoy yours and hello to your sweet kitties and other cats, EEL Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily Thank you, yes 29.99 and no shipping was crazy. Since you have this style, is it easy to carry over the shoulder? I'm worried it might be a little tight at 10 inches since it's not a slouchy leather hobo style. 

@jaxs mom I usually carry my Vera Bradley Pleated Totes in the spring/summer/fall when you wear a lighter coat or no coat and they fit very well under the arm. I just ran downstairs and tried one on over the very thick Irish sweater I'm wearing today because it's freezing here and I still have four inches to spare. I find the Pleated Tote super comfortable against your body as you hug it when you wear it, and it's nice and roomy for a lot of stuff. I hope it works out for you! EEL

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily Thanks EEL for double checking for me. I don't usually wear a bag over my shoulder if I have my heavy winter coat on anyway. But the rest of the time I do, if it's not a satchel or something. I noticed in the description that it's only 2 inches shorter strap drop than the Get Carried Away tote so I tried mine on and even two inches shorter I should have plenty of room. It's so hard to to tell sometimes from written descriptions but Vera Bradley does do a good job at accurate measurements IMO. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered my pleated tote during her sale on New Years Day...it was $27.20 and free shipping.

I went back and forth between the Canterbury and the Midnight Blues but ultimately went with the blues.  I think I'd like to see the Canterbury in person.

And I do like that Emerald Paisley...very pretty green.

Respected Contributor

The Spring 2016 colors/patterns officially debuted today, though some were already on line.

Im not tempted, though hope some enjoy them. Pale pinks and blues, with no outstanding artwork. I really adore the floral art, captivating, and colorful paisleys. So, Ill haunt eBay for retired patterns.

Loved the 50% off sale; got another emerald paisley and midnight blues in a tote style (have the pleated already).

Honored Contributor

Yes, i'm not a fan of the new pink and blue colors for Spring. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

@jaxs mom

@1Professor

I agree, I'm not liking the pinks & blues, either. However, I will try to stop by my local retailer to see them "in person"; I have found that new patterns sometimes are more attractive when you actually see them. Your Emerald Paisley, @1Professor, was an example of this. I fell in love with it when I finally saw it. 

Did you notice that one of the new offerings is a Belt Bag? Can we all say Fanny Pack revisited? The belt extends to 42" & is shown worn at the waist more toward the side. They also have a new Travel Blanket that folds into a pillow.

My favorite On The Go bag is only available in the Blush Pink. It is already sold out in the Camocat & Camoblue. I sort of like the black Camocat  but just got Concerto/Mini Concerto for Christmas, so will pass.

Super Contributor

I went to the store I work at this morning and purchased the new Faux Leather Tote in the gray.  Can I just say it took my breath away. It's so gorgeous and the new look from Vera is such top end, high quality, and amazing looking.  In my opinion they have really upped their styles.  I also saw it in the new Coastal Blue and will be getting it also more towards spring and summer. It literally reminds me of an ocean. This is a large tote, not too big for everyday carry. The hidden front pocket actually holds my mini iPad, in its case, without bulging.  Omg......I just tried it in the hidden pocket on top also and it fits in there too.  Wasn't expecting that.  The inside has a zip pocket with the slip pocket in front of it, like Dooneys.  The other side has 2 smaller slips which my iPhone 6Splus, in Otterbox case, fits.  The lining is a nice pattern in blue, black, white, and gray. Nothing floral.  Hardware is silver and the handles lay down went wanted; so not a stationary hard handle. The faux leather is SO soft. I so wish I could send you all a picture.  I hope you can find these in a store near you to check them out, as they are not on Vera.com or any just Vera stores.  

Esteemed Contributor

@diamondsforme wrote:

I went to the store I work at this morning and purchased the new Faux Leather Tote in the gray.  Can I just say it took my breath away. It's so gorgeous and the new look from Vera is such top end, high quality, and amazing looking.

Enjoy your new treasure !!  FYI: got the e-mail sneak peek on the VB lighten up travel duffle (One Day Only $74.96 plus $5 shipping) for the upcoming show and they brought back Field Flowers (Dillard's had this), Blue Sierra, and Raspberry Bandana along with a couple more (Lavender Paisley).

Interesting...although being spoiled by the winter sale and free shipping, I won't bite. E-mail was formatted so that it won't let me grab a picture.  Sorry.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went to the outlet store today...wow, they had so many patterns (they didn't have any Canterbury Magenta) and I was there much longer than I planned.  They also had 20% off the 50% off price so if course I ended up with several things...LOL. 

Got the hubby a black duffel for travel and such.  I also saw Pirouette Pink - a pattern I had not seen before and it really grew on me while I was there so I got a Turnlock Satchel.  Also got a Grand Tote to be used as a cover for my Foodsaver, one of her huge blankets, an e-reader case and a set of cosmetic bags for holding other stuff.

Price difference between retail and what I paid is $211.  And I love that they have a 60-day return policy, not to mention their sales folks were incredibly helpful.

Honored Contributor

@STP Carrie wrote:

I went to the outlet store today...wow, they had so many patterns and I was there much longer than I planned.  They also had 20% off the 50% off price so if course I ended up with several things...LOL. 

Got the hubby a black duffel for travel and such.  I also saw Pirouette Pink - a pattern I had not seen before and it really grew on me while I was there so I got a Turnlock Satchel.  Also got a Grand Tote to be used as a cover for my Foodsaver, one of her huge blankets, an e-reader case and a set of cosmetic bags for holding other stuff.

Price difference between retail and what I paid is $211.  And I love that they have a 60-day return policy, not to mention their sales folks were incredibly helpful.

@Carriestp Congratulations on your new Vera Bradley items!! Last month Vera Bradley was offered on zulily dot com one day, and one of the items I ordered was the Pleated Tote in Pirouette Pink, a pattern I had never seen before, either! It IS so pretty in person!! Enjoy your new goodies, EEL Woman Happy