Honored Contributor

Re: Vera Bradley Bag Talk, 2016!

@1Professor wrote:

@Susan Louise @Sister Golden Hair:

Just received my GET CARRIED AWAY Vera tote in Midnight Blues (from eBay)!

Packing it now for school tomorrow. Adore it!

91g8fvTB++L._UX385_.jpg

Congratulations @1Professor! Midnight Blues IS a beautiful pattern! I gave my niece a Midnight Blues Weekender and a Mailbag purse for her birthday last month and she loved them. You know, it's easy and fun to GET CARRIED AWAY with Vera Bradley...and I see you're finding some really gorgeous ones in the process! Keep us posted on your finds, EEL Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

91g8fvTB++L._UX385_.jpg

@1Professor@Susan Louise I'm glad you both like this print.

Women stop me to ask me about my tote.

Some know it is VB and adore the blue.

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

91g8fvTB++L._UX385_.jpg

Congratulations @1Professor! Midnight Blues IS a beautiful pattern! I gave my niece a Midnight Blues Weekender and a Mailbag purse for her birthday last month and she loved them. You know, it's easy and fun to GET CARRIED AWAY with Vera Bradley...and I see you're finding some really gorgeous ones in the process! Keep us posted on your finds, EEL Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily: Lucky niece! The garden designs are my favorites. Now that I realize the VB designs get retired quickly, I'm using eBay to find the older ones I love: Tea Garden, Dogwood, Watercolor . . .

Super Contributor

This is the one I got the other day: I do love the colors and it is much bigger than it seems.

download.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I should receive my Ziggy Zinnia travel pieces today from the winter sale.  Mandy tote and the weekend traveler.  Nice and cheery.  I gravitate toward the darker backgrounds (gray, black).  

Hmmmm, look at the new VB Marlo bag coming out on the 14'th. Quite a departure from their usual offerings.  Leather with an interesting silhouette.

Marlo Satchel

Like the looks of this new Crosstown tote. Oh dear...too many choices.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily: Lucky niece! The garden designs are my favorites. Now that I realize the VB designs get retired quickly, I'm using eBay to find the older ones I love: Tea Garden, Dogwood, Watercolor . . .

@1Professor Have you come across this link below to retired patterns?

https://www.verabradley.com/content/content.jsp?pageName=retiredcolors

Here are the patterns that have struck my fancy over the years:

Moon Blooms (LOVE! Favorite of more current patterns)

Baroque (liked it better than I thought I would)
Fanfare (primarily black and white)
Canterbury Magenta and Canterbury Cobalt (patterns need a larger bag)
Citron (a little zing in it)
Cocoa Moss (pattern needs a larger bag)

Petal Paisley
Very Berry Paisley

Sun Valley (summery, red shape reminds me of a lobster)
English Rose (have a Glenna handbag set in this pattern)
Ribbons (beautiful)
Camellia (gorgeous neutrals, LOVE this one)
Floral Nightingale
Viva la Vera (kind of wild, but I liked it)
Deco Daisy (if you like red)
Blue Lagoon
Hello Dahlia! (vintage look)
Slate Blooms (darker neutrals)
Barcelona (better in person)
Sittin' in a Tree (liked it more than I thought I would)
Symphony in Hue (many colors and so pretty)
Purple Punch (so fun)
Java Blue (loved)

Enjoy, EEL Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

The outlet near me has Baroque, Lucky Me, Rio and Ribbons at 70% off.  They have other retired colors as well at 50% off.

Their triple compartment handbags are also 70% off.

Still have not been there yet...maybe later this week.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

I'm enamored of this newly-discovered handbag brand! Love to have a thread Vera Bradley lovers can post on: favorites, sales, new styles!

Here's a couple of my favorites, all garden-themed (tea garden, dogwood, English rose):

Vera-BradleyTeaGarden.jpg

Dogwood.jpeg

English rose.jpg

Your favorite designs? Styles?

Wish lists?

@1Professor I forgot to tell you that my favorite style is the Pleated Tote (In reading this thread I see you have at least one Woman Wink). It's reasonably priced, has a zip closure, is full of pockets and is a good size for a large handbag! Here it is in Canterbury Magenta (I gave this one to a friend for her birthday last month -- with accessories -- and she loved it):

Pleated Tote

Best wishes for more fun discovering Vera Bradley, EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@1Professor One last thing: I don't know if you're registered to get the daily emails from zulily dot com, but they had Vera Bradley one day in December and my cart was overflowing with Pleated Totes, wallets, cosmetics, etc., etc., etc. The items came all brand new, clean and nice. I am hoping they offer Vera Bradley again on zulily! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

I'm enamored of this newly-discovered handbag brand! Love to have a thread Vera Bradley lovers can post on: favorites, sales, new styles!

Here's a couple of my favorites, all garden-themed (tea garden, dogwood, English rose):

Vera-BradleyTeaGarden.jpg

Dogwood.jpeg

English rose.jpg

Your favorite designs? Styles?

Wish lists?

@1Professor I forgot to tell you that my favorite style is the Pleated Tote (In reading this thread I see you have at least one Woman Wink). It's reasonably priced, has a zip closure, is full of pockets and is a good size for a large handbag! Here it is in Canterbury Magenta (I gave this one to a friend for her birthday last month -- with accessories -- and she loved it):

Pleated Tote

Best wishes for more fun discovering Vera Bradley, EEL Woman Happy

I LOVE the pleated tote! I have two. Yesterday I carried my emeral paisley as a purse (have been purchasing the travel bags and totes).

s-l140.jpg