Honored Contributor

Re: Vera Bradley Bag Talk, 2016!

[ Edited ]

It was Black Friday weekend - the VB site had hundreds of bags at 50% off with free S&H with some fairly low minimum purchase price (forgot what now).   Now that was a great sale!

@1Professor  Beautiful fabric on your new bag and that's a great size!  Enjoy it when it arrives. Smiley Happy

I love some of the discontinued prints that I've found on Ebay.  

Super Contributor

1Professor-  I've never seen the catalog on line.  I'm pretty sure it is only for retailers as it shows so much. We were opening the mail delivery yesterday and it was there. We all grabbed it. Lol.   I need to look at it more closely when I work next.  

I love the Midnight Paisley as I love black and white. I think it works with everything.  The Mandy, Small Trimmed Vera, and the Turn  Lock Satchel are my favorites,  as they are loaded with pockets and great organization.   We do have 3 of the Weekender Bags for travel.  We like using them better than traditional suitcases.  My daughter is a nurse and loves carrying the Vera each night. She does not like any flowery pattern but loves the retired Canterbury Magenta. 

The microfiber colors are bright and brilliant.  The Navy is such a true Navy and the Tango Red is RED!  I'm so anxious to see the 2 new grays in person. 

We had a holiday training session one evening at work and a Vera rep was there.  She said that approximately 94% of all handbags sold  are solid colors and I can see them heading that way more and more.  I will say their new faux leather pieces are very stylish!  I carried one all last summer in Coral and it wears so well!    One pattern in the faux leather is a color block of gray, white and black. Very tastfully done too. As of now Vera.com doesn't carry the faux leather - only select stores. 

One thing I've noticed is that they are retiring patterns and styles sooner and sooner.   When I went in to work after Christmas the robes and slippers were already half priced.  Our 50% off area had doubled in size

Ok, sorry for rambling on so long.  There's just so much to share with all the new coming.  :-). 

Respected Contributor

@CanningLady:

Now I am SO looking forward to January 14, for the Spring patterns on Vera Bradley!

It looks like QVC is doing a Vera Bradley show on January 20, so, hopefully, new spring bags will be shown, as well (although the FULL showcase will be on Vera, I expect).

I continue to hope for florals.

Honored Contributor

I love their canterberry magenta print. I have the frame travel bag ( it's the shape of a carpet bag), get carried away tote and the pet carrier for my chihuahua in that print. 

My main complaint is that they retire prints quickly. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I took advantage of the super sale today (Jan. 1) and got a mini travel set in Ziggy Zinnia.

Mandy tote and travel bag for short overnight car trips (heading up to Mendocino CA)

Also, for everyday, I keep a Get Carried Away tote in the car with paper towels, kleenex, water bottles, tums, protein bars, umbrella, flashlight etc. for a "what if" scenario.  I also have the zebra small trimmed Vera tote which I love.

Get Carried Away Tote

Frequent Contributor

I have been a fan of Vera Bradley for several years.  I just can't pick one favorite pattern as I have found so many that don't even exist anymore in the stores.  I would say that my top ones are the following:

Tea Garden

Sittin' in a Tree

Poppy Fields

African Violet

Carnaby

I try to choose my "darker" patterns for the winter and the lighter patterns for the spring/summer.  It has been so much fun because of the different patterns and colors.  I am a tote girl since I lug so much stuff around.

Respected Contributor

@Mel31 wrote:

I have been a fan of Vera Bradley for several years.  I just can't pick one favorite pattern as I have found so many that don't even exist anymore in the stores.  I would say that my top ones are the following:

Tea Garden

Sittin' in a Tree

Poppy Fields

African Violet

Carnaby

I try to choose my "darker" patterns for the winter and the lighter patterns for the spring/summer.  It has been so much fun because of the different patterns and colors.  I am a tote girl since I lug so much stuff around.

@Mel31:

Great choices! Love these on your list:

f31a277bc04efd8b5eb7d1016f66d033.jpg

lg_046.jpeg

lg_047.jpeg

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

I took advantage of the super sale today (Jan. 1) and got a mini travel set in Ziggy Zinnia.

I ordered a couple of things as well...you can't beat 70% off plus free shipping.   It was difficult to decide which items/colors to purchase.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee: Hope you scored some new additions during the Vera Bradley sales over the holidays!

How many do you have? Which pattern is your favorite (I assume it might be a retired pattern)?

Respected Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I love their canterberry magenta print. I have the frame travel bag ( it's the shape of a carpet bag), get carried away tote and the pet carrier for my chihuahua in that print. 

My main complaint is that they retire prints quickly. 

@jaxs mom:

Just checked out the frame travel bag, and ADORE it! Would love to have it in jazzy blooms! The pet carrier must be adorable, lucky pup.

img-thing.jpeg