Respected Contributor

Update on Aimee K. Vanilla backpack (leather)

It's been four months since I purchased my Aimee K. backpack in vanilla pebbled leather with rostetone hardware. It was a steal at $54 plus tax. I almost never buy light-colored bags--for good reasons. 

I've carried it off and on. Honestly, the weather just hasn't cooperated. No tarnish on the RT hardware. Was worried about grubbiness, loose threads. So, far so good.

However, I wore the bag while doing my errands. Last night I was looking the bag over and noticed a small scratch. It's about  1/8thh to a 1/4 of an inch. This is supposed to be pebbled leather with a "special treatment" meant to protect this pretty leather. It's not a big gash, but you know how it is when you first notice a stratch: it could be a smartphone, a brand new car or a brand new bag. It looms large. 

I have carried a lot of brands, but I not enountered this. Even my IM backpack purchased here from the Q has withstood being thrown about and everything. That leather on that bag is superior to the AK. Yeah, stuff happens. It's a bag. But she makes a point about the 'special treatment.'  So my first instict was correct: buy both light-colored and AK bags on clearance or deep discount.

I am posting this just in case someone  is interested in the bag or similar models with this  type of leather.

Super Contributor

Re: Update on Aimee K. Vanilla backpack (leather)

I appreciate your review/update! Your post from awhile back inspired me to go to my local TJM and I found an AK Tamitha backpack for $39! I think it's an "older" style, as the color was blush with gold hardware, but I'm glad I found it.

I've carried it a few times and I'm glad I bought it. 

It's a fun and different bag but not worth paying full price, IMO.

Respected Contributor

Re: Update on Aimee K. Vanilla backpack (leather)

I am glad you were able to pick it up at $39. 

It's so well designed and since you didn't make a huge investment, it's nice for warm weather.  The Tamitha is  a great design; this was the bag that won Aimee awards, I think.  

TJM is a wonderful place. 

Hope you enjoy. Smiley Happy