Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming Kestenberg TSV- Gunmetal?

I just cancelled my order.  I'm concerned with the leather treatment on the bag, was it drum dyed?  Will it flake or rub off?  I guess I'm just not convinced that I want to take the risk.... it's probably great but not for me.  

I'll wait for just the right bag for me.  Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Q4U, this question has come up today, either on this tread or another. Another poster has a bag in this leather. Apparently, Aimee Kentenberg has used it on other bags, and according to the post, it does not flake off at all. but I certainly understand your concern, and know you have to do what's right for you. I wish I could find the post that talks about how nice this leather is.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u Hi Q, I have several AK bags (don't ask me how many Smiley LOL), including a black and silver distressed Lindy (which is similar to the gold distressed) and they don't scratch or flake. The treatment on the B&S and gold is suede like, if that helps. And like @jclark73, I've seen other threads where folks say this particular bag doesn't flake or rub off. My two cents, in case that helps. Oh, and the camo is various shades of metallic: bronze, silver, platinum.

Honored Contributor

So those of you who ordered early would you describe the gunmetal as more grays, silvers, rose or copper? Last night she kept saying rosegold but she's switched to saying copper tonight. I don't know I'm seriously thinking of getting it but I wish it was cooler toned and had silver hardware. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@2swans14 wrote:

Hi ladies! Yes, I upgraded shipping (ez pay made it too easy not to as I "needed" this bag for the weekend, lol) and received it last night. Its stunning. I was so relived to see it looks just like the picture in the online insider and nothing like the webpage picture, imo, those are two totally different photos, and I didn't like the one on the webpage at all. It's a perfect mix of cool gray and warm rose gold, it literally will go with anything. Not too blingy, just a very cool rockstar looking bag. Supple, soft leather but still keeps it's structure. Perfect sizing and strap length for my 5'3" frame. Holds a lot, I measured the outside bottom depth and got 5 1/2 ". Now that I've seen how gorgeous it is in person, I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the color choices, the webpage pictures are uninspiring to say the least! Thank you to everyone in this thread who answered all my questions, I am a very happy camper! Sitting on hands now so as to not order it in sangria...

Thanks for the description of the color and the width measurement, you're convincing me even more to get it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JAXS Mom wrote:

So those of you who ordered early would you describe the gunmetal as more grays, silvers, rose or copper? Last night she kept saying rosegold but she's switched to saying copper tonight. I don't know I'm seriously thinking of getting it but I wish it was cooler toned and had silver hardware. 

Hi Jaxs Mom @jaxs mom-- While I don't have it, I almost ordered it and watched several of the presentations today. The description is that when you look at it, it's primarily a gunmetal look with the gold hardware...but then when the light hits it (what kind of light are they talking about...ceiling lights, sunlight?), that's when the rose/copper color comes out. To me, it's kind of like a sunset. And, when I thought of the three colors -- silver, gold and rose, I thought of a tri-color gold effect. I have no idea if this will help you, but I thought I would try. Good luck, EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, she keeps saying gunmetal but I lol every time she says it. When I use the term gunmetal I mean guns that have bluing over the steel so they look blue black. Otherwise every other metal gun I'm familiar with is steel silver. So I have no idea what she means by gunmetal. Maybe she means the color silver steel guns are with the gunpowder residue? That might be it. 

Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you to everyone who posted to reassure me of the leather treatment!  I really appreciate the information and am now reconsidering the handbag in black/gold.  I initially wanted the camo before I realized it was in grays/silver.  

The are beautiful bags.... thanks again for the reassurance....  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Q4U - I think you should go for the black/gold (that is the one I ordered)!!

Trusted Contributor

2swans, because of your message I ended up ordering the gunmetal!  Smiley Happy  I already have the bag from a preorder but hearing the descriptions of gunmetal from the responses here made me have to have it, it sounds so pretty and unique.  I'm so excited to get it!  I went a little crazy with this bag, my credit card is still smoking!  No purchases for me for a while!  I'm embarrassed to say how many I got but let's just say I'll have a new bag for each season for a year.  I'm cutting myself off from QVC for a while!