Honored Contributor

Some people snap a photo of the handbag and attach it to the outside of the dust bag.  Dust bags are always made of a porous,  breathable fabric which is what is recommended for leather.  I use all of my dust bags for handbags

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I always store my bags in the dust bags.  If they didn't come with one, I use an old pillowcase. I have a California Closet with handbag shelves and have no problem finding the one I want.

Honored Contributor
I store my bags covered because I want to protect them from dust.
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I use pillowcases to store handbags.  I color match the cases to the handbag for easier identification.

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

I use pillowcases to store handbags.  I color match the cases to the handbag for easier identification.

what a great idea @Lavenderjunkie !

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I always use my dust bags and white pillowcases for ones that don't come with bags. I have a photo on each one to know what is inside.

I keep mine in a cedar chest and an old truck. One for spring and summer and one for fall and winter.

I also place the matching wallet in the bag. Or if I don't have one that matches, I put one of the same color in the bag.

I have been collecting handbags for years and years, so I need to be organized.

I might add, if you go to garage sales or thrift stores, you can find pillowcases really cheap.

Keeping your handbags in their dust bags also helps to keep them from being scratched by other bags.

Honored Contributor

I always was very happy when one of these came with a handbag.  I love that they keep the handbags nice and clean and dust free.  It's true that you can't see what is in the dust bag, but I don't have that many of them any way, so it's not a problem for me. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I don't use them.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Yes, I use them for my handbags which sit on the top shelf of my closet.  Mine have brand names on the outside of the dust bag which helps to ID them. I don’t own that many so it’s not really an issue for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot of bags and change them almost every day, so I want to be able to quickly scan the shelves and choose which one I want. The storage bags are perfect for stuffing inside the bags to help them keep their shape. I don’t baby my bags, and they don’t get dusty because they’re used often enough. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett