Honored Contributor

The dust bags that sometimes come w/ handbags are handy for other things, but I like seeing my bags so I can choose which one I want to use. I can't do that if hidden if the dust bag.

They're great for packing shoes when traveling, separating dirty gym clothes in my gym bag, etc. 

What are your thoughts?

Respected Contributor

i use them as storage bags for my silver serving pieces. i pop a non-tarnish insert in when wrapping up bowl, platter, whatever.

Honored Contributor

Agree.  I stuff them inside the bag to help the bag hold its shape (even just a little.)  I can't find what I'm looking for when they're all wrapped up.  They don't get dusty in my closet anyway.

Valued Contributor

I have a lot of handbags and change them out periodically.  I  do use the dust bags, but hate to have to dig through to find what I’m searching for.  I wish they could design them with a clear window sewn into them so you could see what’s inside.  I’ve heard an all plastic bag would not be good for the leather.  

Esteemed Contributor

I do use them to pack away out of season colored bags.  I label the outside of the bag.

Honored Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

I have a lot of handbags and change them out periodically.  I  do use the dust bags, but hate to have to dig through to find what I’m searching for.  I wish they could design them with a clear window sewn into them so you could see what’s inside.  I’ve heard an all plastic bag would not be good for the leather.  

@Kardi   What a great idea to have a clear window or strip to see which bag is inside! 🤗

Trusted Contributor

I have always thought every bag should come with a dust bag, not just the leather. (Dooney)  I keep my nylon and coated cotton bags in a pillow case.  

Honored Contributor

i use them but i agree it is difficult to remember what is inside, especially if you have a handbag collection.

i do know some have said that they label the dustbags OR have taken a photo of what is inside the dust bag and have adhered a photo to the bag or attached a photo to the drawstring. a GREAT idea!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

i use them all for the bags 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kardi wrote:

@Kardi   What a great idea to have a clear window or strip to see which bag is inside! 🤗

@Shanus  and @Kardi ....  I am looking for a better way to store my leather handbags.   I found these on Amazon... but haven't decided whether I will order them:

Ibnotuiy 10Pcs Non-Woven Fabric Dustproof Handbag Storage Organizer Drawstring Bag Dust Cover Medium