Respected Contributor

UPDATE - My dilemma w/straps

[ Edited ]

Shoulder straps are constantly slipping off my narrow shoulders.  Bags with shoulder straps allow a hands-free option and I'd prefer to go that route if possible.  I have carried bags that go on the crook of the elbow and/or hand-held bags.  Would prefer not to do that any more.  When getting out of the car, I have not only grocery bags to contend with, but have to adjust placing my bag somewhere on my arm.  

I have a couple of crossbody bags, but they are too small for my liking - even the larger of the crossbodies.

Is there a device that can be used at the top of the shoulder strap (where it rests on the shoulder) so as to keep it from slipping off?

Went online and found exactly what I need. Great reviews.  Note:  evidently, the device does not work on round straps.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains link to another retail site.

Respected Contributor

When I was young we had a clip that pinned onto the shoulder of your coat to keep your handbag in place.  I forget how well that worked in the summer when we only had on light blouses.  But, that was over 50 years ago and I haven't seen them since.  

But, I do have the same problem.  Looking forward to other responses.

Honored Contributor

Re: My dilemma w/straps

[ Edited ]

I have that problem too.  I just wear a crossbody bag.

Esteemed Contributor

I have narrow shoulders also.  I find that handbags with flat shoulder straps are okay...but I can't wear a shoulder bag with rounded straps....

Honored Contributor

Weightlifting will broaden your shoulders.   (I'm not making a joke.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

I'm still waiting for shoulder pads to come back..... they worked well for me!

Maybe a shoulder buildup under the skin with an inflatable nozzle so you can let them back down while shoulders are out of style.

Honored Contributor

They do make larger convertible cross body bags now.

Super Contributor

I have the same problem. I wear Vera Bradley's carryall crossbody bag. It has adjustable straps and it is perfect for hands-free living. I have different colors for different seasons. I have also used their on the go crossbody, but the carryall holds more.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9

Yes, I do own one crossbody bag.  I use it for a quick run to the store, but not for other essentials.  My sis gave me a bigger one, but once I put all of my stuff in it, it was so heavy.  Gave it to my DD.  Prefer crossbody bags for quick runs.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown