Esteemed Contributor

Two Fall Standouts

[ Edited ]

So, I am racing through the mall (No. California) and there are dozens and dozens of handbags for Autumn.  There were two that just stopped me in my tracks.  I am not usually a satchel person, I like totes, but these were special.  

This Dooney looked in every color they had (Macy's).  It was neat and tidy and classic looking.  It wasn't even that heavy. This is right here on QVC. Lovely lovely bag. All great reviews too. 

• Measures approximately 11-1/4"W x 9-1/4"H x 5-1/4"D with a 5-1/4" handle drop; weighs approximately 1 lb, 8 oz

Loved the Heather: QVC is the only place I have actually seen this color

Ariel Satchel

Image result for dimages dooney ariel satchel

The second was this Brahmin (Nordstrom) ..one of those bags that doesn't look like much online, but is a knockout in person. Nordies is beefing up their Brahmin line to give Dillards some competition. 

Brahmin Carlisle Collection Priscilla Satchel

The sales gal also said that Brahmin was going to focus on the mixed leathers more:  combining smooth with the classic textured.  

Product Image, click to zoom

Honored Contributor

I'm still stuck on the red and black Brahmin you posted before. None of these even compare to that one. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I'm still stuck on the red and black Brahmin you posted before. None of these even compare to that one. 

So the Thelma is haunting you ??  Me too..

Thelma Crimson Richmond, Crimson, hi-res

Esteemed Contributor

I have the smooth/textured Braham tote that you showed - it's a beautiful bag. There are a few new designs for D&B (including the beauty you showed). I love gorgeous bags and consider both Brahmin and D&B as my favorite brands for the price and quality.

Esteemed Contributor

It will be interesting how the upcoming Dooney new arrivals will be received on the 10'th. 

Dooney & Bourke Logo Lock Toscana Leather Shoulder Bag- Lily

Honored Contributor

Re: Two Fall Standouts

[ Edited ]

Ariel Satchel

I noted liking the Dooney bag in heather a while back. I think it's one of the better looking bags Dooney has done in a while, though I won't be buying it, and the TSV, another Logo Lock redux, doesn't interest me at all... Interestingly, none of the other bags pictured is for me either. As for the new direction, personally, the thing that makes Brahmin stand out for me is their excellent croco. Mixed smooth and croco probably isn't going to tempt me much... though I'm sure they'll be wonderful bags.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I just don't like the fake croco, snakeskin, etc. i like Brahmin quality but wish they would tone it down with some really chic and simple smooth leathers. It's cheaper for a maker to buy flawed leathers and emboss them to death, though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I just don't like the fake croco, snakeskin, etc. i like Brahmin quality but wish they would tone it down with some really chic and simple smooth leathers. It's cheaper for a maker to buy flawed leathers and emboss them to death, though. 

@libbyannE   It looks like they do make a more conventional bag:  the Harrison Hobo. . 

Harrison Hobo Tan Charleston, Tan, hi-res

Trusted Contributor

How about these pretties in Navy:

image.jpeg$235.00

Brahmin Mini Asher

image.jpegLoewe Flamingo Knot Calfskin Leather $2,450.00

Bit of a budget difference 🤓

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@libbyannE   It looks like they do make a more conventional bag:  the Harrison Hobo. . 

Harrison Hobo Tan Charleston, Tan, hi-res

And see, to me, there is nothing special or unusual about this bag that would induce me to notice it or buy it over other brands. Croco has become almost synonymous with Brahmin... Again, not to say that their non-croco bags aren't nice, but, for me, they just don't stand out above the crowd...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...