Honored Contributor

Re: Truss Handbags: Handwoven in Oaxaca, Mexico

Do you know what a truss s?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1

Yes.

This is their brand name, not a name I have made up.

?

Regular Contributor

Wow - that's some intense weaving.  BTW -- synonyms for truss are bind, tie, tether, string, and tie up. 

Honored Contributor

Never heard of it.  I like the color blocks.  

Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember way back braid we used to make key chains etc.? This shiny braiding reminds me of making key chains and other things I can’t remember.

Esteemed Contributor

The workmanship on these bags are amazing. They are beautiful.  Looks like they would be strong also. I never heard of the brand, thank you lolakimono for showing me new and beautiful things. I really enjoy your posts. 👍❤️✌️

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincesswrote:

Does anyone remember way back braid we used to make key chains etc.? This shiny braiding reminds me of making key chains and other things I can’t remember.

Yes we made lanyards at camp.  Plastic.  Back some years ago these kinds of bags were available in border towns for pretty cheap.  I would not buy one because at least the ones I am familiar with came apart fairly easily.  These prices are high it seems to me.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawniewrote:

@OKPrincesswrote:

Yes we made lanyards at camp.  Plastic.  Back some years ago these kinds of bags were available in border towns for pretty cheap.  I would not buy one because at least the ones I am familiar with came apart fairly easily.  These prices are high it seems to me.  

That’s what the braid reminds me of.Thanks. I don’t need any more purses but they are pretty. 

Trusted Contributor

I saw these at Nordies.  Beautiful!  If I were in the market for a new tote,I wouldn’t hesitate!