Honored Contributor

What beautiful bags!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I had one awhile back (I wore it out) that was a favorite of mine.  It was a 2-tone tan/brown one. I loved that purse.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

What beautiful bags!

They are good looking and have well organized interiors.

Full disclosure: the bodies of TIgnanello bags are leather, but handles/straps, the bottom panels, and the pocket trims are man-made materials, not leather. Those parts match well and look good, but they wear out faster and weaken, unlike leather. If you love the design and will find value in a mostly leather bag, then buy what appeals to you. 

Read product descriptions carefully. They refer to the non-leather parts as “trim”. I don’t feel that handles and bottom of a handbag are trim. They seem like essential, full parts of a bag. I like the Tig bags, but I think their descriptions and presentations are disingenuous. Not a fan nor a purchaser anymore. 

Respected Contributor
Got to turn on. Haven’t seen in long time. Tig bags were my go to choices but haven’t seen much of them here it Macys lately.
Respected Contributor

@ImaoldhippieI have several of these bags, old and new. I have never had a problem with the non-leather straps. I love my crossbody ones that have the wallet in the front. Great for shopping.

Respected Contributor

See the source imageThis is one of my older bags. I have one that is large that also has this wallet on the front.

Regular Contributor

Deceptive Tignanello Presentation Makes Me Angry

Hi, I watched the Tignanello bag show the other night and was waiting for the host to say "These are leather bags, but the strap here is man made as is the bottom" and the vendor would agree and tell us more about this. But no, not one word. The host used to talk about the fact these bags were not all leather but now I guess it's okay to just leave out the facts. Then the older people who are not on line will never know, Right? They can't look it up. But should we have to go and look up what a bag is really made of? No, that's what the Host and vendor is for!! All these people being told that "This is vintage leather" are going to have to pay return shipping to return their fake bags. As I was watching the presentation, I was waiting to hear someone say that these are not fuly leather but it never happened. And this is so wrong. QVC, Get Real. Stop decieving your good customers to line your own pockets. Tell the truth about all items. I hate seeing people being decieved and ripped off of their hard earned money.  Wise Up.

Respected Contributor

Re: Deceptive Tignanello Presentation Makes Me Angry

Some of my Tig bags have leather on top of the strap and cloth underneath.

Honored Contributor

I thought I'd like to try Tignanello so a few years ago I ordered a couple of them - same style, two colors.  The size and style suited me but the worst thing about them was the plasticky stuff they put on the straps and handles to finish the edges.  I'm not particularly hard on my purses yet it all cracked horribly and made a nice leather purse look cheap.  No more Tigs for me.

Respected Contributor

I loved their bags before they cheapened their quality and started using plastic for bottom and strap.

They were one of the first to do a cute crossbody with an organizer in the front about 10 years ago. Adorable size, and it came in lots of colors! I have it in red and blue. Anyone remember it? 

I would never buy one now, it’s a shame, they ruined their cred.