Respected Contributor

Tignanello-is it being phased out?

Haven't seen the brand on any shows in quite some time.  Are other newer brands overtaking Tig sales?  Is there another reason to discontinue the line?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tignanello-is it being phased out?

They lost favor with me when they began to use so much vinyl on their bags (bottom of bag, straps, trim).  They were great when they were all leather.

Honored Contributor

Hi Max @maximillian  it's been a few years now since Tignanello had dedicated shows on a regular basis.  What's even weirder is that I went to Tignanello dot com and on the home page there is a shop now button and when I clicked on it - I ended up on QVC.  

When I poked around online, here's what I found:

Bruce Makowsky built a fashion business in New York selling designer handbags through over 1,300 department stores and QVC.  He and his wife, Kathy Van Zeeland, sold handbags and shoes for 30 years through their flagship labels Kathy Van Zeeland Handbags, B. Makowsky and Tignanello. The couple sold the company in 2008 tto Li & Fung Ltd based in Hong Kong.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

They lost favor with me when they began to use so much vinyl on their bags (bottom of bag, straps, trim).  They were great when they were all leather.

I agree, one Of the nicest bags that I own is a gray suede tote from the old days, no vinyl, I still get so many compliments on it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Good point.  It seems like they have been phased out.  Never on anymore.  Vince has taken over and Radley. 

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

That is too bad if the line is being phased out. It was a more moderately priced line. I really liked the vendor, Christie, I think. She had a very nice soft calm personality.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I think the phasing out of Tignanello is a ship that already sailed... It appears oryany is next in line and it was beginning to appear that Kestenberg wouldn't be far behind, but it would seem maybe she's got some new merchandise on offer, so maybe she'll stick around for a while... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Another phased out line of handbags seems to be Stone Mountain.  They were moderately priced, but nice quality and very durable.  I'm not usually one to spend the big bucks on handbags because I'm so hard on them, and the Stone Mountain bags were often high on my list of wants. I don't quite see why the Q is going to very high priced bags. Not everyone wants that.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup  I think Kohl's sells Stone Mountain handbags.  I know Sears did too.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I've also seen Stone Mountain in TJ Maxx.  I would also check Overstock.

Bye bye Tig. In the beginning, they were great. Affordable and high quality. Once they went the Q route, not so great. If you want vinyl bags, you can get a few for the price of one Tig bag.  Or take that same money and go to Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc.