Contributor

So I ordered two Dooneys and my mom ordered one, all from QVC, and all three came in as seconds. Now I understand what reviewers were saying about the "green dot." All three had the green dot on the packaging. The zip zip is going back because the two handles are of two very different lengths. The saffiano Lexington is going back because the leather on 1/3 of it was set on a diagonal making the bag look crooked. My mom's crossbody is going back because the zipper across the front is on an angle and not straight across.

Although it has nothing to do with handbags, I ordered a pair of Clark's loafers turned out to be not true-to-size (short and wide and going back), and a pair of Clark's boots that were not even sent to me. I recieved another shopper's Vionics (her order slip/my name on the box). All of these things happened on the same day. You can imagine the disappointment.

I am hoping this is just a fluke and not a sign of things to come with QVC. How can I trust them and order another bag when they might send out yet another "green dot" second?

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry. That really IS disappointing.

Normally when I return an item, I fill out the online form and mail it back without calling them. Under these circumstances, I think that I would call customer service and express my disappointment and explain that my trust was jeopardized. I would and ask QVC about the green dot, ask them to explain their policies, and ask them what they are going to do to win back my trust in them.

Esteemed Contributor

I've often wondered if QVC gets product that either didn't sell elsewhere (some ugly high top shoes Jane presents) or has a flaw.  I bought a Tangello (spelling) handbag once and noticed the handles were on backwards.  Stitching was on the top side instead of under the handle.    Buyer beware = still applies.

Esteemed Contributor

I have twice received another's ordered item in my bag with my name on it, the correct order form with their name and address in the bag. I can understand that the mechanical systems can go haywire once in a while, and Q was always good about sending MY item out so it arrived in a day or two.

I have just a couple Dooneys, neither of which arrived with the green dot. However, I have often wondered if Dooney uses a different (cheaper) manufacturing process for the items they sell on QVC. When I have looked at Dooney bags in the stores, they seemed like a higher level bag. Different quality leather, for the same price. Just sayin'. I could be wrong.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

why am I not surprised? Sorry that you had the defective problem.  Lots of defective items coming from the Q lately, the quality and quality control has gone way downhill.  And I just love when they say they never send out returns.  Just received a jacket I was giving for a birthday gift and the collar was all lumpy and had marks all over it.  I just don't understand how they can even send out defective or returned items.  

My shopping with the Q is quickly coming to an end because I'm tired of inconsistent sizing and receiving defective merchandise.  Oh but now they have Halston and I had 3 things in my cart but I just can't trust them anymore.  

Trusted Contributor

I remember reading on these forums awhile back that the quality Dooney makes for the Q is not the same as the bags you would buy in stores.  I'm not into Dooneys but a friend of mine did buy one from the Q and when she saw the quality in the store, she said it was not the same, so she returned it and purchased it from the store for the same price.  Don't you wonder why the rep will sometimes say, this is exclusively made for QVC?  

Respected Contributor

I am sorry to hear this happened to you. It confirms my fears that the quality at QVC has gone down dramatically. 

I've been having issues with orders lately as well. I posted in the Judith Ripka forum about receiving a JR watch on waitlist for two months that was used. On a recent order, QVC states they shipped my order but cannot provide a tracking number since the vendor did not provide one. This is on a 14K pendant necklace and as a result I have no idea when it's arriving or if it was indeed shipped. 

If we are paying full price the only item that should be shipped to us is a NEW item; we are paying the NEW price!!!!!!! not the 'As Is" or seconds one. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I have twice received another's ordered item in my bag with my name on it, the correct order form with their name and address in the bag. I can understand that the mechanical systems can go haywire once in a while, and Q was always good about sending MY item out so it arrived in a day or two.

I have just a couple Dooneys, neither of which arrived with the green dot. However, I have often wondered if Dooney uses a different (cheaper) manufacturing process for the items they sell on QVC. When I have looked at Dooney bags in the stores, they seemed like a higher level bag. Different quality leather, for the same price. Just sayin'. I could be wrong.

Interesting thought. Like outlet malls?

Respected Contributor

Sorry that you received three bad bags.  i have purchased Dooneys from Q, Dooney, Ilovedooney, an outlet and a department store.  one bag that i love i have bought from Q and Dooney---no difference in quality.  Great bags.  recently i got a bad bag from Dooney.  That same bag was sold here at the Q and reviews indicated the same problem i ultimately had.  i ordered from Dooney thinking they would have a better bag.  But no, it was the same issue that had been reported here.  So i think that it is quality generally that may be suffering, having nothing to do with Q.  

Honored Contributor

Green dot?????   Does that mean you bought "as is" bags?