Respected Contributor

Thoughts on American Leather Co.

Watching presentations of yesterday's TSV and various other bags, it looks like this brand is a combination of LUG with the organization and Patricia Nash bags with some printed leathers?  Lighter I think in weight however than PN it appears.

Have never purchased this brand and the price points seem very good, wonder how is the quality.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thoughts on American Leather Co.

I've never purchased the brand because I saw to many reviews of bad dying of the leather, patchy coloring and and straps fraying. I'll stick with my Brighton and Hammitt.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

Watching presentations of yesterday's TSV and various other bags, it looks like this brand is a combination of LUG with the organization and Patricia Nash bags with some printed leathers?  Lighter I think in weight however than PN it appears.

Have never purchased this brand and the price points seem very good, wonder how is the quality.

@rockygems123 

I don't know a thing about them, but would be surprised if they are made in America and sold on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@rockygems123 

I don't know a thing about them, but would be surprised if they are made in America and sold on QVC.

@Sooner 

Right, that's the name of the company not where it is manufactured.  Most definitely imported especially at that price point. 

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@rockygems123 

@Sooner 

Right, that's the name of the company not where it is manufactured.  Most definitely imported especially at that price point. 

@rockygems123 To me that is sneaky and deceptive!  And sadly not unexpected.

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 @The quality is outstanding! I like them better than my Dooneys and other expensive bags. I do love my Lug bags, but I consider American Leather bags to be a step up. I'm not hung up AT ALL about where certain aspects of them might be made. In my opinion, all of that talk is much to do about nothing. Everything is at least partially imported these days. 

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@rockygems123 @The quality is outstanding! I like them better than my Dooneys and other expensive bags. I do love my Lug bags, but I consider American Leather bags to be a step up. I'm not hung up AT ALL about where certain aspects of them might be made. In my opinion, all of that talk is much to do about nothing. Everything is at least partially imported these days. 

@Goldengate8361 

Agree 100% it's essentially a moot point these days to talk about manufacturing source, as you say all or parts are imported.

Did you see the American Leather TSV and if so what did you think?  I am a LUG fan too and thought the organization in yesterday's TSV seemed comparable to LUG.  And the price point of LUG bags are about the same as the leather bag which is having me reconsider the brand.

Honored Contributor

American leather co is my all time favorite brand for handbags.  I have a few, and they have given zero issues. 

The colors are exactly as I expected.  They are lightweight. Love the zippers. Nothing on mine has frayed. 

These are nice quality, in my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

Love the quality of their bags. Never have had an issue.

Honored Contributor

They're nice. I got one in off white almond shade.

Lot lighter then my Nash bags.

Your not gonna beat the look of a good Nash bag when she does the rose tooling, and that Fuchsia shade .

I only carry totes. Once in a great while I buy one of her smaller bags just because of it's craftsmanship especially if I can find anything in 'oxblood' color.

She's quit doing oxblood I think.