Honored Contributor

I've never considered a tooled handbag, thinking they were a bit too Western for  me. But in looking for a red bag, I came across this Ropin West tote. It's a good size and has good reviews.

Does one wear this type of bag for only casual purposes, or would you also wear it to dinner or something?

All opinions welcome!

Red

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: This tooled bag

[ Edited ]

Stunning,  I'd use it 24/7 !!  A real classic design, what website is it from?

Honored Contributor

Love red and the design of the bag!

Image result for small thumbs up pics

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think many tooled bags are very pretty and are all-occasion. I'd wear it for everyday and out too, except for those occasions that might be truly 'dress up' and it might even work for many of those too. Beautiful color. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

It's a pretty bag. I would wear it more casually.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, all. I did go ahead and buy it. I can always return it (free ship and return with ShopRunner). I'll let you know what I think.

@Ibby114, it's the Ropin West Tote bag on ebags. There are a couple totes. This is the one priced at $128. But I signed up and so received 25% off.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Back in the 50's my uncle lived in California and when he came home to visit us he would always bring my Mom a beautiful tooled leather bag he bought in Mexico. My Mom carried it everyday and every season of the year. Mom would actually wear the bag out in a few years and my uncle was sure to bring her home another.

Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

It's a pretty bag. I would wear it more casually.

Thanks, @Foolywooly11. We'll see when it arrives. I picked this one among three or four because I thought was the most classic in shape and size.

Plus, whom am I kidding? My "dressy" occasions pretty much mean dinner at a decent restaurant. Here in this funky little laid-back SoCal beach town, I would be considered formal with this bag. :-)

Respected Contributor

I really like this. Enjoy!  I love ebags!!!

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 I was just thinking I'd consider a tooled bag casual, but that's okay because I'm never in dressy mode anymore.  I've always loved tooled bags.  I wonder what happened to the American West bags on Evine?  They were usually sell-outs then they suddenly disappeared.   It's like the company fell off the face of the earth. 

I bought this bag a couple months ago for the summer.  It's a crossbody bag with an outside zippered pocket and phone pocket.  The sides, which are quite wide, are tooled.   This was a new bag from eBay. 

20170727_172903.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment