Honored Contributor

Re: This Pa. woman owns 3,000 handbags, and she keeps them in an army bunker.

They look like junk all piled up like that.  I think she enjoys the collecting of those bangs, owning them much more than she enjoys the bags themselves.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

She probably doesn't even know what she owns.  I do that with shoes.  I have a lot and occasionally run accross a pair I swear I never saw before.

I do that with shoes and boots too.  When I cleanout and reorganized my closet last year, I was shocked.  I had shoes and boots that I didn't even know I had.  Some had never been worn.  I didn't even know when I bought some of them.  It was ridiculous.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess I just don't relate to collecting "things".  I can locate/remember every item of clothing, accessory, jewelry and book I own - and those last two are collections, LOL.  But nowhere near requiring outside storage..

Guess I always preferred to spend extra money on "experiences" such as creative type classes (painting, gardening, jewelry making, specialized sewing and more), sports/athletic activities (riding lessons, golf, tennis, and more), plays, concerts (whoo-hoo!), travel/vacation and related activities.  And donating to our various charities.  Got two today.

Yes, maybe "purse lady" has ALSO done all those things with her unlimited money. 

But evidently didn't get any satisfaction, as she continues to collect her bags.   So in another year, she'll have 4,000+.  I see this less as a passion than a compulsion.  Would be interested if she has ever sought therapy.  And feel this is totally unrelated to any wealthy, successful businessperson whose primary passion is their business and use their wealth toward collections as a hobby.

Just throwing out why I "don't get this".  If you find this judgemental, have at it.   Ya'll are totally free to present your opinion (judgement?) in respponse.

Merriman-Webster definition of opinion:

: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter

Denise
Respected Contributor

A $100,000 purse? Okay.

What worries you masters you.
Frequent Contributor

I also live in pa. By Lancaster. I’d love to meet and buy a vintage Dooney.

good luck to her.

we all have our “ hobbies”!

Respected Contributor

OK then.... that is just crazy. (To me anyhow.)

The woman definitely likes handbags, no question there.

-Texas Hill Country-
Contributor

Smiley Very Happy love it!!! every one has a bad habit ''  i own 500,00 Heart

Super Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

Interesting to read about the lady and all those handbags and us ladies think we have a lot lol.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-pa-woman-owns-3000-handbags-and-she-keeps-them-in-an-army-bun...

@crawford5153 , Thanks so much for posting this great article!

Ms. Wood's very impressive handbag collection would be perfect for a handbag museum, even if a fraction of that collection is put on permanent display.

If she ever decides to unload one of her Judith Leiber minaudières, and I have a little spending money...well, one can dream!

Super Contributor

@Susan Louise , Thank you so much for your wonderful and inspiring message.  May you as well as your DH enjoy continued good health - and more additions to your fantastic Fenton collection!

Honored Contributor

@MissRose722 wrote:

@Susan Louise , Thank you so much for your wonderful and inspiring message.  May you as well as your DH enjoy continued good health - and more additions to your fantastic Fenton collection!

@MissRose722  Bless your heart...

You have brightened my day, Thank you Smiley Happy