Trusted Contributor

This Pa. woman owns 3,000 handbags, and she keeps them in an army bunker.

Interesting to read about the lady and all those handbags and us ladies think we have a lot lol.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-pa-woman-owns-3000-handbags-and-she-keeps-them-in-an-army-bun...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This Pa. woman owns 3,000 handbags, and she keeps them in an army bunker.

Wow she is addicted. 🤣🤣🤣

Respected Contributor

Just to get the usual arguments out of the way:

No, it doesn't personally affect me.  Yes, some people have unlimited money to spend on whatever or however they choose.

Still entitled to an opinion this is ridiculous.

Denise
Respected Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

Interesting to read about the lady and all those handbags and us ladies think we have a lot lol.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-pa-woman-owns-3000-handbags-and-she-keeps-them-in-an-army-bun...

Woman has thrown hundreds of thousands of dollars down the sewer, possibly close to 1 million.  Talk about an entitlement complex !

Honored Contributor

She should auction them off and donate the proceeds to worthwhile charity.  I don't think the alternative - a "handbag museum" - would be very edifying.

Honored Contributor

She probably doesn't even know what she owns.  I do that with shoes.  I have a lot and occasionally run accross a pair I swear I never saw before.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I believe people should buy and do whatever THEY want as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

Why should she give them away or do anything other than what SHE wants to do with them?

It's not for anyone else to judge her.  She's living her life the way she wants to.

I think this world would have happier people if they didn't let society dictate what they say or do (within parameters, of course).

Also, why does everything have to have a name....why can't she just be someone who enjoys handbags....period.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, this is interesting.  Some worthy of a museum if there is such a place in the U.S.  

Her hobby as a collector I think is similar to other collectors who spend a lot of money on collections of interest to them.  That they are handbags shouldn't diminish their importance compared to what others collect.  They are designed and created, some handmade, by talented people, so I'd say some are works of art and it appears a few of the museums in her area think so too.  

I think it would be fascinating to see a museum display samples of how handbags evolved throughout history.  

Respected Contributor

Oh Wow...now I really feel better...For a minute there I thought I had a problem Woman LOL Those must be some expensive handbags because mine are stored in the "She Shed"!

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever   Your post doesn't make sense.  If it is HER money and she WANTS to buy purses with HER money, how is that entitlement?

I would say that if she can afford it, she is very much entitled to buy what ever she wants.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!