Respected Contributor

Re: Thinking about SELLING Vera Bradley Bags

These things help, but they now have a guarantee on items. So even if the item is good, some person has up to 45 days to say that it "wasn't as described." That's if you don't take returns.

The other thing: if you make it too cheap, then you attract nutjobs who want really want something for nothng.  I still remember the woman who received an $8.00 Dooney bag and wanted it to be brand new. (Not my customer. The indignant buyer actually posted about their experience. I think the seller wasn't  dishonest, just not so careful.

So be very, very careful with your descriptions.

This is after 15-plus years of doing business on the Bay.

Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

These things help, but they now have a guarantee on items. So even if the item is good, some person has up to 45 days to say that it "wasn't as described." That's if you don't take returns.

The other thing: if you make it too cheap, then you attract nutjobs who want really want something for nothng.  I still remember the woman who received an $8.00 Dooney bag and wanted it to be brand new. (Not my customer. The indignant buyer actually posted about their experience. I think the seller wasn't  dishonest, just not so careful.

So be very, very careful with your descriptions.

This is after 15-plus years of doing business on the Bay.

Absolutely correct!  

I do not have a return policy but I have taken returns (or refund) if the customer contacts me and discusses the problem.  Very open to that.  However I had one customer a few years ago that bought my Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Cerises Speedy 25, paid immediately and I shipped within 24 hours.  She said it was a counterfeit and wanted a refund.  It wasn't a fake, I personally bought it at the Horton Plaza LV Boutique in an Diego... and wouldn't refund (it was a $900 bag at the time)....  she filed a dispute with eBay under the Guarantee that's provided.

My account with Paypal was suspended for ten days while this went into arbitration. Ebay and Paypal then determined through my pictures (extremely detailed) and description that it was AUTHENTIC.  She lost the case and did not get a refund.... and my account with Paypal was reopened.  She was LIVID.... and I heard about it.

Two things after the fact... a friend of mine who is incredibly computer literate found her selling counterfeit Louis Vuitton with one for sale that was exactly the ame style as mine~!!  We think she planned to switch my authentic bag with her fake bag and send the fake bag back to me (which fulfills all of eBay's return requirements leaving me "holding the bag" so to speak.....

She also tried to resell the bag (I had no problem with that at all) BUT she used MY LISTING word for word (the listing that she complained to eBay was not accurate) and my pictures without permission (another listing violation).... so I reported her and her listing came down and if she wanted to sell it she had to take her own pictures and write her own listing.....

BUT I won....~!!  Which for a seller is kind of hard to do on eBay because they really are Customer oriented....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I recently brought some handbags, along with clothing and accessories, to my consignment shop. One was a Vera Bradley red and white paisley small hobo. The store owner asked me to bring it back next spring. She said the VBs don't sell well during the cold weather season. If you live in a warm climate, or don't want to wait, perhaps women who live in the south would buy them on EBay now.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

try selling them on a vitrual garage sale on facebook? also consignment shops will give you 5 dollars a bag? keep it for that price?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is always tons of VB on ebay. Selling things is pretty straight forward. Just make sure your description is accurate and you take good photos - call out any kind of problems with the item no matter how small because some people can be very snippy about even the most minute problems. Take photos from every angle - especially the inside of the purse is very important.