Trusted Contributor

Thinking about SELLING Vera Bradley Bags

I have quite a few vera bradley messenger bags that are in almost NEW condition, when I first started buying Vera Bradley I went crazy and now, I don't even carry many of them because I have "found" the right style for my daily travels to work. 

I'm thinking about trying to sell them but I'd love ot hear from anyone who has sold VB items on ebay, etc. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Thinking about SELLING Vera Bradley Bags

@Happiness Is Inside JOB

I sold these (pretty successfully) on the bay.

I found that great pictures of corners straps and insides were the details that "made the sales."

After all, when someone purchases a pre-owned handbag, they want to purchase from someone who is honest and fastidious!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I just this past month sold some handbags and jewelry on EBay. I didn't try to make a fortune off the stuff, just some cash at a price I figured someone would buy it at. 

Honored Contributor

Just a thought.......

Have you considered first trying to sell them in your neighborhood?  Your neighbors?

If you are still in the Rat Race, your co-workers?

If you are a church, synagogue, temple, mosque goer, selling to the members?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Each year my sister has a HUGE garage/yard sale, usually in June before it gets too hot here in Chicagoland. We have a white vertical shelf that sits on a white table (from Menards) and we display colorful Vera Bradley bags on that vertical shelf so people can see them from the street. We have a lot of people who come each year and they know Vera Bradley and other handbags will be there. I love to see the smiles on the faces of the ladies when they find a Vera Bradley they love! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I have quite a few vera bradley messenger bags that are in almost NEW condition, when I first started buying Vera Bradley I went crazy and now, I don't even carry many of them because I have "found" the right style for my daily travels to work. 

I'm thinking about trying to sell them but I'd love ot hear from anyone who has sold VB items on ebay, etc. 

I sell on eBay and have sold Vera Bradley and IMHO they sell very well.  Go to Advance Search and search for Completed sales and see what your particular style (and condition) sell for and go from there.  Also search your style in active listings and see what other sellers are asking.  Good luck and have fun selling...! Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

OH, one more thing... as stated upthread pictures are important, clear and close up of details that will assure your buyer that the item is authentic.  Disclose everything you find about the bag so your customer won't be surprised when they get it.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB@Q4u@EdithEllenLily@Mz iMac@Meowingkitty

I sold on the bay for fun... and must admit at first it was a way to also BUY!!! haha wink wink so I could get them for people who might want to buy. Taking photos at that time during my summers off had become a hobby. I almost never made much of a profit.

However, there is satisfaction in getting them out if the house.

If that is all you care to do (get them out) I like the idea of selling them in a garage sale, etc. My only reservation would be people staining them with less than clean hands. Maybe at work as mentioned?

The bay allows for starting auctions at 99 cents. When traffic is slow, they may be "nabbed" for that amount, so you would want to make sure your shipping cost is covered.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

thanks ladies!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I sell only Buy It Nows and have no auctions....  I've learned the hard way that your starting price may be the only bid you get, and starting it higher stops the bidders (they really do want it for nothing)....  I also have Immediate Payment through Paypal so the customer can't take my item down (stopping others from buying it) by agreeing to buy it and then not paying for it.  

These two adjustments have totally stopped the customers who buy and don't pay.   It's also totally stopped my having to remind (beg) for payment, often not coming no matter what eBay says ....