Honored Contributor

Re: The retro Train Case, as handbag!

@jackiejenny   think it all comes down to is today's inflation problem. People do well to buy what they have to have.

Let's all pray for a change in the future back to some sort of saneness.

Honored Contributor

I remember when the train case handbag was popular in the 1960's.  I was quite envious of several girls in my 5th grade class who had them; I particularly remember saddle tan and black.  

I also remember a map print under a clear plastic covering, but believe that came with a 1970's version of the train case handbag.   

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  The tide will turn. Hold onto those quilts because they've long been a collectible item and will be again. There is absolutely no reason to give them away or sell them for chump change. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think the intent earlier was for anybody to be raining on anyone's parade, but as we all know, when you put something out there, you get diverse opinions in return. I think the Nash train case is adorable. As noted, I'm not sure of the practicality as a purse. I am sure, though, that for me, it's overpriced for what it is, even on sale. That said, as also noted I love train cases so this conversation had me seek one out elsewhere. Another nicer brand, currenty on sale for about $55. Not the same, but also cute and no neat prints but a choice of seven color combinations and besides, I've got handbags in those Nash prints I really want. I don't intend to use it as a purse, but I've always wanted a train case!

Alt image 6 for Terminal 1 Cosmetic Case

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@jackiejenny   think it all comes down to is today's inflation problem. People do well to buy what they have to have.

Let's all pray for a change in the future back to some sort of saneness.

I totally agree with everything in your post...I also agree with what @ StevieB said. 

Honored Contributor

308x547_20220713_1334141032jpg.jpg

284x504_20220713_1333401029jpg.jpg

293x521_20220713_1333431030jpg.jpg

304x540_20220713_1334021031jpg.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I used to make macrame purses --- back when macrame was a thing --- LOL.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey Boop @BoopOMatic  I was never much of a crafts-y type person, though I did, at one time, enjoy refinishing furniture. Go figure. As for your macrame, interesting. Like everyone, I think at one point I had a piece of wall art and a plant hanger. Both long gone. I might be in the minority and don't care if I am, but that Nash crochet bag couldn't interest me less. For me, it's right up there with that wall art and plant hanger.

Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I was searching something while ago & came upon a Stella McCartney crocheted tote for over $1,000........!

Maybe I should get back into it? LOL

I'm with you, I don't care for crocheted handbags at all.

Crochet belongs on a bed - I used to make those ruffled doilies, too --- my Mother had a zillion of those old "Workbasket" magazines from the '40s and '50s that had instructions for crocheted doilies in them.

I used starch to make the ruffles stay up.

Honored Contributor

I think what makes Nash crochet bags different from the homemade ones is the leather trim that makes them more upscale.