Honored Contributor

Re: The retro Train Case, as handbag!

How fun! Hope you enjoy. 

Honored Contributor

It's adorable!  I like the map design too!

However, as others mentioned, not very practial.  I hope it works for you when it arrives! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Brought back memories of having my own train case as a teen.  I was so excited to go on any trip where I could use it.  I felt so grown up!

Unfortunately, I don't think it's user friendly for use as an adult woman's handbag.  I don't like those little dinky handles, and a dangling strap is an invitation for a purse snatcher to grab and run.  (Don't most women know that?)

If I had one of these and was going on a trip, it would hold a couple meds and my jewelry.  

I can't imagine having to put the purse down and open the lock every time my phone rang ... so where would my phone go?    

It's definitely a fun accessory if it doesn't need to be functional, though.  

Respected Contributor

@1Professor  Take a peek at Bloomingdale's website, they have a sale going on right now.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm not raining on your parade or boring you with my likes or dislikes.

@mspatmac   That's the purpose these boards serve.  How boring they would be if people didn't tactfully express their opinions.

@Kachina624 

Normally I would agree with you but this felt different.  She was cleaning out her handbag collection but this item revived fond memories so she purchased.  She was sharing her happiness and memories with us.  Brought up happy memories in some of us too.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor  I love that, but like the clutch bags just wouldn't work with my lifestyle.  I received a train case and American Tourister luggage for my high school graduation from my parents.  I was so sad this fall when I let my mother's old train case go when we were trying to clean out their garage.  She probably got it for her high school graduation!  She carried it on all of our family vacations and it housed all of the toiletries for the whole family.  It was in pretty bad shape and I knew I would never use it.  I did take a photo on my phone though. 

Honored Contributor

I don't get the point of finding what's wrong with something someone likes unless asked: do you like this? Would you use, wear carry this? You don't have to want one in order to appreciate someone else enjoying it and she never said this was going to be her everyday handbag. 
I know it doesn't work that way but it would be nice.  

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don't get the point of finding what's wrong with something someone likes unless asked: do you like this? Would you use, wear carry this? You don't have to want one in order to appreciate someone else enjoying it and she never said this was going to be her everyday handbag. 
I know it doesn't work that way but it would be nice.  

@GenXmuse Plus, if the person clearly says they already purchased it!

Respected Contributor

@1Professor  Love this bag - especially the LaFleur print. Enjoy your selections.

Respected Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

@1Professor  Love this bag - especially the LaFleur print. Enjoy your selections.

@Spacrazy   Thanks so much!

I have many handbags, was a collector of styles.

Purging now, minimizing.

However, I always changed bags out often. Several times a week.

With a small crossbody (have several), it is never my main bag—just fun to carry for errands or for a few times.

For the train case, for example, if I bring it to work (university) I am also bringing a large leather tote (Nash Benvenuto, for example).

So many commented as if this small train case would be a regularly-carried bag, needing to hold a lot or worn for long periods.

Sigh.

Just having a big of fun with a fond memory of Train Cases!

Smiles.