Esteemed Contributor

Re: The "Pre-Loved Hermes Jypsiere 32" handbag

[ Edited ]

QVC is partnering with LXRandCo for these bags.

LXR purchases the bags; there is no consignment. 

You can also purchase an authenticity report from LXR.

"LXRandCo is a socially responsible, digital-first omni-channel retailer of authenticated pre-owned handbags and personal accessories. Having begun our journey in 2010, LXR has since grown to meet the ever changing pace of the world and the needs of our clientele. With our start-up mentality, we understand the importance of your satisfaction during and especially after purchase. That is why you’ll always receive our full and undivided attention every step of the way throughout our relationship!"

Expert buyers: Our buying team works together to knowledge-share and verify each piece before it joins our collection. Each buyer on our tight-knit team comes from a luxury background and is thoroughly trained by our head buyer on what to look for when evaluating quality designer products.
Double-authentication: Each piece is verified by at least two members of our buying and production team - including our head buyer.
Owned Inventory: Unlike consignment retailers, we purchase our products outright through private auctions, individual collections, and directly from clients. We stand behind each and every carefully selected piece in our collection.
Valued Contributor

Everything I Looked at was sold.  Guessing there is a market for these high end bags.

Super Contributor

The Q now selling Pre - Used high end bags, Prada, Gucci, and LV  for high end prices. Would like to know where they are from and who the Q bought them from?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

A lot of the pre-owned  handbags are sold out, wonder if the hosts bought them at those prices for a used bag...

Honored Contributor

I have no interest in a used bag.  If I couldn't afford the bag I'd choose something else.

I can't get the snotty Kleenex picture out of my head.

Trusted Contributor

I thought many of them ugly and also as someone else stated no pictures of the interior but I guess in the presentation (I assume there was one) they showed the interior.  

I guess I'm just not with it.  

Would rather buy a new bag like a run of the mill Aimee K or Dooney.  Guess I won't be invited to one of Hollywood's she-she, foo-foo parties and I probably said that wrong too.  

Too funny! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

We all should have purchased one yesterday when there was free shipping.

Regular Contributor

I was surpised like many of you to see the preloved luxury brands for sale here. From the looks of it, QVC knows a thing or two about resales of used bags as there were only 8 left this Sunday morning when I looked again. It is kind of a win-win; this makes it possible for women to own one of these beauties at a reduced price, and it is a winner in sales for QVC. 

Respected Contributor

Belk's also sells these "pre-owned luxury" bags.

Regular Contributor

I posted this on Homeshoppingista's blog where I first found out QVC was selling "pre-owned" bags.  I saw some a few years ago at Century21 in lower Manhattan before the pandemic put them out of business.  Most of the samples they had that you could touch without asking them to remove them from the case were yucky, IMO.  They were raggedy, and really, really, used.  Yeah, I guess they'd been fumigated, but they were not restored in any manner.  (All the straps were there, they zipped or snapped, but they were very frayed and had discolored, worn, spots in the usual places bags get them.)

Frankly, I'm not into used clothes (no shade on those who feel differently) but the thought of buying a used purse is on another level, IMO.  I am aware that there is a big market for these.  If I really wanted a designer purse, I think I'd just save up for it while setting my sights on the <$3K models, not on Hermes' models. (After typing that, this is a ridiculous amount of $$$ to spend on a purse, but to each her own.)