Honored Contributor

Re: The "Pre-Loved Hermes Jypsiere 32" handbag

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have no interest in a used bag.  If I couldn't afford the bag I'd choose something else.

I can't get the snotty Kleenex picture out of my head.

I agree with you.  

Trusted Contributor

From what I’ve saw at Dillards and Belk in my area, they aren’t any cheaper than the boutique as far as LV. Sometimes you can find a bag that is no longer made. But I think I’ll stick with buying new from the boutique when I’m in the market for LV, Gucci or Chanel. Hermes will never be in my budget so I’m safe here. I’ll keep saving to treat myself every few years if possible. A lot of utubers find excellent condition bags on fashionphile Looks like the pre loved market is big right now.

But they are usually just as high as boutique also. All the top fashion houses just had a price increase in feb. They are really taking all the fun out of it. Getting a little ridiculous. I did snag a LV from the boutique just before the price hike with some Christmas monies.
Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz   And, if you are looking for your gift closet, you can't buy more then one - it comes up with a message that they can only process orders less then $9K.

LOL, free exchanges, but no other colors available. 

Wonder if Mrs. George decided to clear out her closet......

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

My head hurts after reading SK's comments Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@LdyBugz 

While I love a beautiful, well-made handbag, my most expensive one is a Brahmin Copa in Copper.

I decided that if I'm riding around in a 1987 Ford Ranger, I had no business spending thousands on a purse Cat LOL

And, I certainly have no interest buying one used if I cannot afford it new.

When I worked, I saw many woman with run down shoes and ripped out hems on their skirts carrying "designer" handbags.

Thankfully, they were never a weakness for me.

Trusted Contributor

People buy all sorts of used items from clothing to cars. I know many women who collect handbags. I like mine new, but it's no big deal.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson